Chapter 16

Gahhh, thank you all soooo so much for all the reads! ily guys to PLUTO and back, I reallyyy do haha! :)

--

CHAPTER 16

There are many, many different kinds of fear.

First, there's the sort of fear you feel when you're facing something dangerous. Yet, I knew deep down that Harry wasn't dangerous; or, in other words, that he wouldn't hurt me. There's also the sort of fear you feel when facing a new challenge, not knowing how it might turn out at the end. That was definitely not the kind of fear I felt now, since I could probably guess the outcome of this current situation.

However, there wasn't any type of fear I was feeling that matched up with any of the "certified" kinds.

I couldn't really explain the fear I was feeling right now as I stared at an angry, growling Harry in front of me. I just knew that I was scared and confused at the same time.

"Harry?" I repeated more confidently now after a few silent moments of pure tension in the air.

His lip twitched, but he didn't respond to me. He just stared at me while slowly curling his fingers into fists.

"Harry Styles, what the hell are you doing here?" I decided to get straight to the point, since I saw that we wouldn't get anywhere anytime soon if I didn't.

And I also didn't know when my damn tears would start streaming down my face.

He smirked a little but kept his teeth showing out of pure anger. "I'm here for you."

My jaw dropped a little, but I didn't let myself fall back into his trap. Not again. "Yeah, whatever Styles. Tell me the real reason you came back."

"That.Is.The.Reason." He said through gritted teeth. Why was he so mad right now? If anyone, I should be the one getting mad since it was him who broke my heart in the first place.

"Is someone here with you?" He suddenly asked, making me shake my head of my thoughts.

"Why should I tell you?"

"Look, Charley." He spit at me. I could tell he was getting really mad, but I honestly didn't care. "What happened that night - I didn't mean any of it. I -"

"Find your dad?" Zayn appeared next to me in the kitchen, interrupting Harry of his speech.

Just seeing Zayn made Harry take in a sharp breath and clench his fists until his knuckles turned white.

I smirked a little.

"What. . . Is he doing here?" Harry huffed angrily, glaring sternly at Zayn.

I took a step towards Zayn and put an arm around his back, which he immediately did to me too. "Zayn? You know him?" I asked Zayn, looking up at him.

"Nah, I've never seen this lad before." Zayn said, smiling warmly at Harry.

But that just made Harry even more mad as he breathed in heavily and slightly rolled his eyes. "Don't fucking play games, Zayn Malik."

"Whoa! He knows my full name!" Zayn chuckled, pointing innocently at Harry.

Now this was just getting weird.

"Of course I know your name you-"

"What's your name, because I believe we've never met before?" Zayn interrupted Harry for the second time and made his way over to him, putting his hand out for Harry to shake.

Harry tensed up immediately as Zayn approached him, and I almost thought he was going to have a seizure.

"I'm Zayn. And you are?" Zayn said to Harry even louder, almost as if Harry didn't hear him the first time.