Let Me Hold Your Hand (Through the Open Door) (2HA)

Taxian-jun was running.

It seemed like whatever lifetime it was, he would always have to run—just like how he ran out of time in his first life--watching desperately as Chu Fei's heartbeat stopped, its sound never to be heard again.

Taxian-jun, the emperor of the cultivation world, proclaiming himself to be unparalleled in all aspects, couldn't do anything when his consort Chu died.

And what happened after Chu Wanning died? Didn't Taxian-jun poison himself? Didn't Hua Binan, that wretched man, bring him back to misery? Reminding him that Chu Wanning would never come back in this lifetime?

"Let this venerable one through!" Mo Ran's eyes bulged; his corpse of a body seemed to have a bit of color after finding out that there's a parallel world out there—a world where Chu Wanning was alive and doing well.

Hua Binan used this weakness of Taxian-jun, brainwashing him by saying it was unfair that the other Mo Ran was enjoying Chu Wanning for himself.

Taxian-jun seethed, wanting nothing but to kill the other him and let Chu Wanning know to whom he actually belonged. Hua Binan rejoiced but couldn't care less about Taxian-jun's love affair. All he wanted was for the emperor to kill and steal away the golden core of Mo Ran from the other world.

Hua Binan could control Taxian-jun after planting that flower of everlasting hatred in his heart. If Taxian-jun had a golden core, it would be easier for him to help Hua Binan bring the Butterfly-Boned Beauties back to the demon realm.

"I'm only giving you until sunset to kill Mo-zongshi. You must come back to this world right after your mission. Do you understand me?"

Taxian-jun nodded crazily. He didn't care about losing face; he only wanted to pass through the door and kiss and hug his Chu Fei.

He waited long enough.

"Remember, you must come back." This was the last thing Hua Binan said before letting the emperor enter the door of time, space, life, and death.

Taxian-jun went through all kinds of feelings as he passed through. First, he felt as if he was suffocating, and then there was the scalding of his skin--so hot it almost turned him into ashes. He heard voices--the desperate pleas of the innocent lives he claimed. All of them came back to haunt him. And then there was the sound of a faint heartbeat.

Taxian-jun panicked, once again reminded of how he could not save Chu Fei. He remembered his consort's snow-white face covered in blood. No matter how hard he wiped, it only smeared the blood more, dirtying Chu Wanning's skin.

Taxian-jun trembled, feeling like Chu Wanning's blood was also staining his hands. He felt like he was drowning—drowning in a sea of blood.

And then he heard water splashes, followed by a cold hand encircling his waist. Someone hauled Taxian-jun out of the sea, carrying him like a dog, pulling at the back of his robe, and dragging him to the ground.

Taxian-jun coughed. He really drowned—not in a sea, but in a pond dyed red, so bloody that not even the clear waterfall could cover its filthy color.

Such scenery would bring terror to anyone, but Taxian-jun had ended way more than thousands of lives. He was used to seeing blood, yet he couldn't help but shudder at this moment.

He was in Red Lotus Pavilion!

The otherworldly appearance of Chu Wanning's residence turned sinister. Very far from the Red Lotus Pavilion Taxian-jun knew.

This could only mean that...he, Taxian-jun, had successfully passed through the door of time, space, life, and death.

It proved him correct when the smell of haitang assaulted his nose, forcing him awake despite his bleary vision.