Chapter 2- BUTTER AND PEANUTS

"You must be Lara."

Lara was caught by surprise. "Yes, I'm Lara."

"I was expecting an introduction from my new lady but she never showed." He was in a blue shirt and grey trousers.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Lara put the glass down, "We had to clean up after the welcome party and it took forever."

"That's okay." He withdrew his hands, "Come to my room and tell me all about you."

"Right now?" She stared into his dark blue eyes and he nodded. "I think it's a little late for that. We can talk when I serve you breakfast tomorrow."

"I'll have breakfast with the family." He leaned in.

She felt uncomfortable with his closeness and took two steps back, "Um, when I'm cleaning your room then."

"I won't be home after breakfast." He took two steps forward. He was a couple of inches taller than her.

She didn't know what to say. Even if his intentions were good and devoid of other plans, it sounded wrong to be with him in his room at that hour.
"I-"

Her voice was lost when he closed the gap between them and brought his head down to her ear.

He whispered, "I don't like butter. I'm allergic to peanuts."

He lingered over her for some seconds before withdrawing and caught her gaze.
She managed to say, "Sure," oblivious to how it might have sounded due to her nervousness.

He smelled absolutely incredible, a dash of mint sitting in the air that denied her a bit of her sanity. His dark hair was ruffled, tresses dancing along his temples as his dark blue eyes twinkled in amusement like bright stars in the night. His stubble was neatly presented, hugging his sharp jawlines.

Jayden then turned and also poured himself a glass of water. When he was done drinking it, he said, "Good night." and walked out of the kitchen, his strong back coming into Lara's view.

Lara remained stiff and tried to process the whole situation. Had he been trying to flirt with her?

And how was an Adonis the son of Mrs. Benson? Why hadn't she been warned?

How was she supposed to attend to him without developing any inch of attraction?

His dull pink lips had been so close to her skin that she shuddered at the mere thought of encountering their contact.

She vigorously shook her head, as if that would enable her to get rid of persisting images, as she headed back to her room to try to catch some sleep before her alarm woke her up at 5:30 am.

***
Brianna and Katy decided to begin going for early morning walks since their new duties were less involving as compared to the first.

Brianna was tall, slender, had light brown hair and hazel eyes whereas Katy was shorter, thicker, and had darker hair with chocolate brown eyes.

It was 6:30am and they were already walking back home when a man jogged right past them.

"Mr. Benson!" Brie called out, and he turned around.

"Brie, Katy." He breathed as he walked to them, "I didn't see you back there."

"Looking good Mr. B." Katy said and he chuckled.

"Thank you. I see you're embarking on an early morning walk."

They both nodded, and Brie asked, "Where's Mrs. B?"

"Still asleep." He drank some water from his bottle. "I didn't want to wake her. But you should probably get back before she wakes."

"Yeah, we want to walk with you." Katy blurted out and Brie looked at her.