Chapter 27- JUSTICE IS PRIORITY

Over the past years Kira had grown to care for him, and he had grown to respect her.

His therapist had been replaced by another Mr. Benson had met in Italy, named Anna, and she was a lifesaver.

After one session Jayden had with Anna in his house, the next thing everyone knew was that he had turned himself in.

Dr. Anna had encouraged him to do what he felt was right, and his actions had left everyone in shock, especially his mom who had wanted to avoid court at all costs. She spent time blaming Dr. Anna for Jayden's 'impulsive decision', whereas Mr. Benson was more bent on complying with what the court would decide, in hopes of doing his best to resolve the issue.

Jayden had been assigned a free legal aid lawyer because of his age, and under the laws of age of accountability, investigation of his developmental background, review of documentation of all sessions with pasts and current therapists, evaluation of disorders, current circumstances, relationship with victim, and statements made by victim, it had been discovered that he suffered from generalised anxiety disorder, hyperarousal, mood disorders, suicidal ideation, which had all been factored from his diagnosis of PTSD. Sexual disorders, recidivism and borderline personality disorders had surfaced too.

In addition to the findings were a lack of credible therapeutical services and unsupervised custody by parents.

Jayden had been subjected to three years of probation, electronic tagging and curfew inclusive, five months of intensive community service, two years of credible psychotherapy and counselling, additional supervision by social services, and a two year domestic violence restraining order to stay at least fifty yards away from Kira.

A hefty crime victim compensation had been given to Kira to cover all future medical expenses pertaining to the therapy and counselling she would be needing, but she had insisted that she did not need therapy. She was remarked by the judge as being one of the strongest victims the court had ever come across. The crime victim compensation was granted to her nonetheless.

Lastly, due to the level of parental delinquency by Jayden's parents, they had been asked to pay a fine of $4,500 and had obtained six months of parental adequacy supervision, with legal consequences.

Kira had immediately left the mansion, with another compensation from Mr. Benson. She had met Jayden two years later at the court, where they were supposed to be present for the hearing after two years of effective restraint from Jayden.

He had smiled at her when it was over, and she had smiled back.

After the court hearing, they had never crossed paths with each other, or communicated regularly, until he had sent her the message of him needing help roughly three weeks ago.

***

PRESENT DAY

Jayden woke up in the passenger seat of a moving car, with a seat belt strapping him to his seat. He turned to his left and laid eyes on Kira behind the wheels. She was wearing a yellow tank top with blue skinny jeans and had her long dark hair in a neat ponytail.

They were on their way back from the prison after their encounter with Florence, to the motel Kira had booked for their two week preparation.

Now that they were finally done, they would be able to go back home the next day or the day after.

She turned to him and smiled, turning back to the road, "Oh, you're finally awake. I was wondering if I had to stop by Princess Aurora's before driving home."

Jayden chuckled and adjusted himself in his seat.

"Did you have a good sleep?" She asked, "How are you feeling?"