Day 5: Do you wanna build a snowman?

A day after the first snow had started falling there was already a thick layer of white covering the outside world. Sans had overcome his panic attack pretty well by now, thanks to the help and care of Grillby. Now, he was happily planning a day with the kid and Papyrus. It was weekend, so both of the skeletons boyfriends were still working.

Frisk tugged on Sans jacket sleeve gently to draw his attention on them.

"Can we go build some snowmen? It's been so long since we did that. Please?" They suggested rocking a bit on their feet. Papyrus expression grew excited, but he glanced at Sans to confirm if the older brother was alright.

"ARE YOU OK WITH THAT BROTHER? OR IS THIS TO EARLY FOR YOU TO GO OUT IN THE SNOW, CONSIDERING HOW YOU FELT YESTERDAY?" The tall skeleton asked.

"nah, 'm fine. Besides, kid has a good point there." Came the quick answer from the smaller brother.

"THEN I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SAY THIS IS A REALLY GOOD IDEA!"

"put you're jacket on kid. You're gonna freeze to the bone otherwise." Sans winked at Frisk. He earned himself a giggle, as well as a loud painful groan from Papyrus.

"BROTHER, PLEASE, NOT NOW!"

"c'mon. you're smiling, bro."

"I AM, AND I HATE IT!"

15 minutes later, the three arrived at the completely snow-covered park. With a quick glance to approve the area Papyrus settled to gather snow and started to build his signature sculpture.

Frisk giggled idly and threw themselves in the snow, forming a snow angle in the process. Sans was tempted to just watch the others for a while, but the innocent questioning gaze of the human child convinced him otherwise. Sans formed a small ball of snow and began rolling it on the floor. He aimed to build the base of a classic snowman, not really up to anything more complicated.

The kid almost instantly jumped to their feet. Their eyes sparkled excited as they copied Sans movements. The two kept at the task for some time, enjoying the happy, jet calm atmosphere, until Frisk visibly started to struggle with the weight of the snowball they were making. Sans left his own slightly sloppy project to go and help the child finish their own. They pushed the snowball together, rolling it next to the figure that started to resemble a certain tall skeleton quite a bit. Papyrus was so engaged into his own task that he didn't notice anything happening around him.

Sans stared at his brothers sculpture for a few seconds, then shook his head to stop the memories from bubbling up. He had not expected to see these figures again that soon, but it was strangely comforting to know they were still the same.

Frisk had already run back again, trying to push the other ball Sans had made towards the skeleton brothers. They slipped, falling face first to the ground, the snowball not moving from its spot at all. Sans choked out a laugh.

"need a hand?" The sturdy skeleton stretched out his hand and wiggled his fingers jokingly. He helped Frisk to their feet again, eying the heavy snow in front of him.

"there is snow way i can lift that up there." He said with emphasis on the pun. Papyrus peered up, ready to scold him, but was caught off guard by the smug grin spreading on Sans face.

"Hey bro... Do you wanna build a snowman?" The short skeleton asked in a singsong voice. If it were possible, Frisk would have small stars in their eyes by now. Sans just snickered to himself and wiggled his non-existent eyebrow towards the kid.

Papyrus groaned loudly. He helped them anyway, lifted the heavy project with ease, placing it in top of the bigger ball. All the while stared up at Sans, a mischievous smile on their face.

"I never knew you knew Frozen. Oh my god this is the best thing ever!" They squeaked, "We should build Olaf now. And just you wait! I will get you to sing all the songs with me!" The small skeletons smile turned genuine at the request, although he inwardly cringed at the thought of singing Disney-songs together with the kid. Grillby would have the time of his life if he knew about this.

"I can roll with that." Sans joked.

"STOP IT." The younger brother intervened, with a serious look. The small skeleton chuckled, but kept silent otherwise.

"Let's build his head." The kid shouted excited, already working themselves through the snow again.

"geeze. i really started somethin' there."

A few minutes later Frisk and Sans had put the snowman together, the head even resembled the famous snowman a bit. The carrot Frisk had brought with them helped a lot, though. Papyrus was ready now too, his advanced sculpture of himself finally ready and beautifully made as always.

"IT LOOKS GOOD HUMAN. IT'S QUITE CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL!" Papyrus patted Sans on the back affectionally.

"YOU DID A REALLY GOOD JOB TOO, BROTHER!"

Sans ruffled Frisk hair affectionally. He could have stayed out here for hours just starring at the glory of snow-papyrus and Olaf in front of them.

At some point, Frisk began shaking from the cold, due to the lack of movement.

"let's go back to the house, before ya turn into a human popsicle out here." Sans mumbled. He got an eager nod and a shaky smile from Frisk as answer.

"MY BROTHER IS RIGHT, HUMAN FRISK! WE SHOULD GET GOING!" Papyrus said triumphantly, turning around and heading towards the streets. Sans carefully wrapped his jacket around the shivering child.

Frisk took his hand as they followed Papyrus back home.