Day 13: Spaghetti

~~~~~A/N~~~~~

Hey guys. I'm sorry there was no chapter yesterday, but life and school kinda steal my time these last days before winter break. I will try to upload the 12th chapter as soon as I can. That being said, have fun with this. Cya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A soft knock at Sans' door ripped the small skeleton out of his light slumber. It had been two awfully stressful days for him and he had finally found some time to just lay down and enjoy the silence in peace.

However, he knew Christmas was getting closer and closer and everyone was getting very excited to finally really celebrate something on the surface. The small skeleton knew as well, that his younger brother had been the description of excited the last weeks. That's why the soft and reluctant sounding knock made him worry instinctively.

"...yeah." He hummed, trying to sound unbothered, but his smile faltered a bit.

"SANS? CAN I... COME IN?" Papyrus asked, appearing in the doorway, already halfway inside the room. Despite his rising anxiety, Sans felt himself chuckle at the pure innocence his brother still possessed.

"sure pap. what's up? is something brothering you?" He patted the space on the mattress next to him invitingly.

"HEH..." Was the only answer he got as his brother sat down next to him on the messy bed. Now Sans was certain there was something on his brother's mind.

"hey, what's up?" He said, voice low and one hand gently placed on his brother's forearm.

"I JUST..." Papyrus looked downwards. His gaze searched for something that wasn't there, until it landed back on his hands.

"DO YOU THINK I AM A BAD BOYFRIEND?" He asked, voice wavering. That was certainly not what Sans was expecting. His brother wasn't usually the one to have self-doubt, the opposite actually.

"wait, what?" he breathed out, not sure how to react.

"IT'S JUST THAT... METTATON ALLWAYS TELLS ME ABOUT EVRYTHING HE ALREADY DID FOR CHRISTMAS AND HE ALLWAYS TELLS ME THAT HE WOULD HAVE THE MOST PERFECT ANYTHING JUST READY AND COULDN'T WAIT TO GIVE IT TO ME. IT IS VERY NICE AND I AM HAPPY HE IS SO HAPPY, BUT... I HAVEN'T EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING A PRESENT FOR HIM AND I KEEP FORGETTING TO THINK ABOUT IT AND... AND..."

"shh, bro. you gotta breath." Sans intervened his younger brothers small rant. He inwardly sighed relieved. There could have been way worse problems Papyrus could have had to deal with. This was just one of the normal things. Sans knew how to cheer him up after those.

Papyrus took in a deep breath and looked in sans' eye lights sadly.

"it's alright bro. you know how mettaton is about this celebrating stuff. he gets really into it and makes everything as fabulous as he can. no need to worry 'bout it." The smaller skeleton soothed, patting Papyrus' arm soothingly.

"BUT..."

"no butts. believe me, grillby and I haven't even touched the subject presents jet. You have all the time in the world. besides, you are the great Papyrus. how could anything you do not be awesome and cool?" Sans leaned against his brother gently, one hand still on the taller skeletons arm, but he could feel the usual enthusiasm returning to the skeleton.

"THAT IS RIGHT, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM TRULY GREAT AND VERY COOL!" He raised his free arm to his chest. Sans could practically feel the smile on his face return.

"Don't worry bro. you will find the best, most amazing present in the world."

"LET'S HOPE THIS IS THE TRUTH!" Papyrus gently wiggled out under his brother and stood, his normally proud and open composure back.

"WELL THAN. THANKS, BROTHER! I WILL GO AND PREPARE SOME OF MY FAMOUS SPAGHETTI NOW!" Sans chuckled at his brother, a small, goodhearted idea forming in the back his head. He looked his brother over one last time, deciding he did a good job at cheering him up, before he pushed himself out of the bed, too, and walked next to his brother.

"mind if i join ya?" He asked innocently, looking up to find the taller skeletons face surprised and happy, tears almost spilling from his eye sockets.

"REALLY? IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE YOU helped at anything, WOULD YOU REALLY DO SO?" His voice was filled with happy and excited energy.

"yup. Don't have anything better to do anyways..." Sans winked.

The two brothers had the time of their life's shortly afterwards. Sans actually had no clue what he was doing, but his brother happily taught him how to cook spaghetti and they had the time of their life.

That was, until Socks, Papyrus had named the white kitten like that in a weird twist of irony and hilariousness (at least in Sans' eyes), became too curious of the skeletons doings and nearly jumped into the sauce pan. If it wasn't for Sans magic, he was sure not only dinner, but also the cat, would have been ruined.

Despite the small accident however, both brothers felt at ease after the spaghetti was done and all four members of the household came together to eat. It was actually a pretty good meal, and everything went back to normal rather quickly.

Sans promised himself once again to always be there for his brother.

He also agreed with himself to do this again. Sometime.