Chapter 7 - Touches

☽  

My days were filled with waiting, talking to Baldwin and practicing with Margeaux until the week before the full moon.

Until then, I had gathered every colour of Baldwin's aura, after Margeaux had shown me how.

"Hold still", Baldwin froze on his stool, not even breathing, his bare back facing me. I traced his back muscles, a bit easily distracted by his build, before I sat down on the edge of our bed. Today's bedding was nothing to my taste: a hideous blood red blanket, fluffy white ruffles on the pillows, but it was comfortable and I shouldn't be picky.

I concentrated on the man before me and my third eye looked at him too.

Baldwin's aura stood out to be, especially his yellow.

I shook my hand and my yellow cord came out my body. I let it merge with his colour, watching how it absorbed the nuance to change into the exact duplicate of his yellow shade. It was connected to him now, and when I softly pulled he reacted instantly.

"My skin tickles when you do that." I kissed it. He shivered and turned around with hooded eyes. With a quick motion, I cut the cord into its original length, and it retreated. Not into my fingers, but into my heart, waiting for me for whenever I would need it.

My vampire hovered above me, his eyes glistening. As we laid on the bed, I stopped him from going any further but my second dress. "The red cord next."

"That took too long. Can't you control his horniness?"

Like the old woman, everything else was lively too. Brooms swept the room while she floated on one, dishes washed themselves, herbs were grinded, burned, put into sachets for the children, spells were written down by her hazel pen.

"Mother!", Victorie was redder than a tomato, fanning her face with her hand. "Vampires are seriously only good for children making! Mating is the only thing on their mind once they get married!", she huffed, her raven crowing along her angry grunts, and Victorie and I exchanged a glance.

Baldwin may think about that, but he certainly wasn't blinded by it. If he were, vampires would have caused an international ruckus in Italy a few times in our time. 

"Even your cords changed into him – bigger, broader, heavier!" She was right – and I hadn't even noticed. I felt so much better when I held them.

The house came to a short halt. "Even your feelings are woven into them", her eyes turned different and normal again in a matter of a second. "Shouldn't I have done that?"

"You could have tried your hardest not to let them interfere, but in the end, they would only stick more to them", she smiled at me. "You two are close to each other, despite your different natures." "Not everything has to be in common. Our humour, interests and opinions are the same. A bit of diversity is good, in my opinion."

"But how do you handle his need for blood?", Victorie was handed tea by the house and guided to sit down. "It's not that hard, really. I know he goes hunting for animals and I let him. I know what he can eat, so I can prepare that for him and we can enjoy dinner together." "And your own blood keeps him at bay, of course." I nodded at mother sceaduwe

A mated vampire needs blood from their partner, it was like air to them. Without it, god knows how they would flip. Victorie thought about that. "Well, what matters is that you love each other – as well as your children."