Runaway

Prologue

Eren's pov

I had done it this time. I couldn't fix this, I knew there was no hope. All of these hopeless thoughts flooded my mind as I packed some clothes and other necessities into my tattered old backpack.

I hastily pulled on my plain black hoodie, before heading to the bathroom. I grabbed a pair of scissors from the cluttered drawer under the sink. I cut the shaggy hair that had always flopped in my eyes. I knew it didn't change much, but I just didn't have the time.

"Shit." I mumbled. I'm running out of time. I jogged into my old room, sliding my hand between the creaky old mattress, and the rusty frame it sat upon. I pulled out my stash that I had saved up from my paychecks for months before the incident.

I had to run, to get out of here. I was going to be free one day, even if it killed me. I'm taking the next flight to New York. I'll have enough money for an apartment when I get there, and I'll really only need a part time job at a convenience store or something when I run out of cash, it's not like I need much.

I had to leave everything behind. After making my way back to the living room, I grabbed the package of matches off of the shitty coffee table that was covered in water rings. I had to strike the match a few times because of my shaking hands, but eventually a spark formed, and a small flame appeared.

I dropped the empty matchbox along with the lit match, onto that worn table. I could almost feel the memories burning, as I watched this once beloved home burn to shreds. I ran to the woods at a safe distance from the house. It felt so satisfying in a way, getting to see all those awful objects containing both precious and very bitter memories disappear by my own hands.

But they would never truly be gone. I couldn't make them truly disappear. I sharply turned away from the burning monstrosity, pulling my hood up over my head. It never existed. I had never existed.

~~~~~~~

A/N This is my first SNK fanfiction! Feedback would be nice. This was originally a fanfic for another fandom, but It was terrible so I rewrote it! (: If you liked this first chapter of Runaway, please vote it and let me know!