Chapter 23

A/N

Thanks so much for 10k+ reads!

I'm trying to update more often now, but I'm also getting busier. (I'm so sorry!) I won't bother you with a really long Author's Note today, so without further ado, chapter twenty-three!

(P.s. please read the A/N at the end!!!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi's pov

I was sitting on trusty old couch, watching some garbage on television, waiting for Eren to return. My eyelids had started to get heavy, my body begging for even a minuscule amount of rest. I had started to give in to the temptation, when I heard my front door slam.

"Eren?" I called, though I knew he wouldn't respond. Where the fuck would he have gone? I quickly reach for the remote, shutting the device off. I pull myself up from my place on the couch, no longer feeling the weight of tiredness in me.

Maybe he left a note? I know we've had this exact problem before, so surely he's left something this time. I check the kitchen first, finding nothing. The only other option would be his bedroom.

I haven't even been in the guest room since he moved in, because I consider it his space (although he spends a lot of time in mine). I still wish to grant him his privacy, so I feel a little guilty just barging into his living quarters like this.

That guilt quickly melts away when I notice a sloppily-folded piece of notebook paper on his pillow. Even his bed is made..

Shit.

He's not coming back is he? I try to regulate my breathing as I pick up his note. I unfold it quickly, so much so that it tears a portion of the paper. I need to get my shit together.

Levi,

I'm so sorry this is terrible timing, and also such short notice, but I had to go. I'm going to find my sister Mikasa.

She's a long ways away, hopefully she's close to where I escaped from.

I love you very much, and I promise to come back soon (but only if you want me to.)

I feel terrible for leaving with just a note, but I knew you would try to help, or you would try to keep me from going.

I really need to do this. Maybe you'll even meet Mikasa someday!

I feel like you two would get along well, you're very similar. If you need anything, call me.

Below, he left his phone number, the only thing written in perfectly neat handwriting (at least more neat than anything else he wrote on this letter),

And the very last thing written at the bottom of the page was,

I love you, always remember that. I miss you already. goodbye Levi, my love <3

That cheesy asshole even had to make a goodbye like this.

"I love you too, Eren."

•••••••••••••••••••••••

••••IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE••••

This may or may not be the end to this story! I will be writing a sequel, but I'm not sure if I should write another chapter to this or If this is a good break point. Please please please PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK ON THIS!!!!

Thanks! :)