Chapter 20

A/N

Wow, sorry I haven't updated in forever! (Secretly I have vote goals, and I just reached my recent one (: )

Thanks so much for 4k reads! I'm still 103% astonished at the fact that people read what I write, I'm just so thankful. Okay sorry I'm lame, let's get on with the story.

~~~~~~~~~

Eren's pov

I feel myself becoming aware of things around me, much like a prolonged dream state. After taking a moment to myself, I peel open a single eyelid to check out my surroundings. (Two eyelids is just too much effort right now)

I immediately gather that I am in a hospital, from the lack of a color other than white. I see a few basic medical machines around me, and I also realized that I'm wearing one of those clear breathing masks.

I'm not surprised at the fact that there isn't anyone in the room with me, not even a doctor, at least not for a while. Bits and pieces of the previous events come back to me, and its hard to tell dreams from reality.

I don't know what really happened to me. But this has happened so many times in the past that I have a general idea.

After a while, I am startled by the sound of the door opening, and a short, ginger haired man walks in (presumably to check on me, and now realizing that I'm awake.) We have a short conversation about necessary things, before he leaves again.

Not Long after, the door opens again, revealing Levi to be standing In the threshold. He looks at me, with red, puffy eyes and my world seems to crumble as I realize what I've done.

I've made Levi cry.

I fucked up. Again.

He walks over to me wordlessly. In fact, I don't even ear him breathing. He wraps his arms around me, embracing me in a warmth that I can't even describe, also letting out a huge sigh of what sounded like relief.

It felt as if in this one wordless action, he had said so many things to me. It was the most affection I feel I have ever received in my entire short life. I felt tears running down my own face, as this reminds me of when my mother used to hug me.

There was so much love, it completely overwhelmed me. If I had been standing, my legs would have crumpled like an empty bag of chips. The thing that I finally realized was most important, above all else, is the thing that I needed to know most.

It was like he was saying,

"I forgive you."

I let out an audible sob, blubbering about how sorry I was, all the while he gently rocked me in his arms, reassuring me that he forgave me, this time verbally.

He didn't ask me about my arms. In fact, he didn't ask me any questions. That actually made me very happy, because this wasn't the time.

After my tears had dried, I had completely ran out of them, I finally gathered the courage to say the thing I had been thinking for all this time, as I felt the peace in the room with us.

"Levi." I mumble, lifting my head, and slightly untangling myself from him, just enough so I could see his beautiful face.

"Hmm..?" he mumbled, kissing my forehead, just below my hairline. "I think I'm in love with you." I say, clearly this time, looking right in his eyes.

I see them light up in a way I thought only happened in stories, leaving me in awe as he broke the contact only to connect our lips together. The gesture was like him accepting my feelings toward him. And I liked that.

"I love you too, Eren, and I know for sure."He laughed so freely, tucking my hair behind my ear.

My life may be a piece of shit, but I have this moment, with Levi, and it is absolutely perfect.

~~~~~

Haha oops, I gave myself feels. I hope you got them too, and I'm not just dumb. I hope you liked this chapter, and If you did, please vote/comment like always! (: Thanks for reading!