If Ever I'll Wake Up

Ara is in her hospital room now. Umiiyak na ako. Hayy Ara.

Kawawa ka naman. Bakit ba kasi ang aga?

She's lying in her bed at di pa rin nagigising. It's been 8 hours. Di pa nga ako natutulog kasi baka pagnatulog ako, magising siya.

Pinagmamasdan ko lang siya.

Looking at her makes me reminisce the happy moments we shared. Lalo lang akong napapaiyak.

I was imagining myself being with her for the rest of our lives. Doing the things we have in common and working out with the different things we have.

Yung plano pala naming pagpapakasal hayy. Kailan kaya matutuloy yun? Or worse, baka di na matuloy.

God, why does she have do suffer this way? Ang laki pa ng pangarap niya, namin.

Ara was strong inside pero sa isang iglap the tables turned. Akala ko ako yung mamamatay kasi nalaman kong ako yung may sakit. Pero iba talaga ang ikot ng tadhana.

It happens when you least expect it. I expected that I was going to die and I didn't expect that Ara will be the one who would lie in this hospital bed.

Things were going into its right places but I wish not this one. Akala ko gumagaling na si Ara. Na she's going to be fine. She will complete her medication at pwede na namin matupad yung mga pangarap namin.

She told me that she don't want a famous life, all she want was to have a happy life. Yung tipong kumpleto na pamilya niya masaya na siya. Di niya tinitingnan sarili niya as the Ara Galang, that we knew and loved inside the volleyball court.

She sees herself as a lady who wanted to achieve her dream. A dream to love and to be loved forever.

The main reason why I loved her because she's just perfect. All her flaws, her laughters, dramas, tomboyish aura, basag moments, pagkamataray, her smiles, her killing down the line attacks on the court, her deadly stares.

I LOVE HER NOT BECAUSE SHE'S THE NUMBER 8 OPEN SPIKER OF THE DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY LADY SPIKERS WHO HAD A ROOKIE AWARD ON HER FRESHMAN YEAR, MVP ON HER SOPHOMORE YEAR, A BEST ATTACKER ON HER JUNIOR YEAR, BEST DIGGER AND BEST ATTACKER ON HER 4TH PLAYING YEAR, AND A BEST SERVER, A SEASON AND FINALS MVP ON HER LAST PLAYING YEAR.

I LOVED HER BECAUSE SHE'S THE VICTONARA SALAS GALANG OF ANGELES, PAMPANGA WHO IS SO MATARAY, DO HAVE DEADLY STARES AND WHOM I FELL IN LOVE SINCE THE FIRST DAY WE MET.

We aren't perfect but we find ourselves perfect when we are together.

"Thomas"

"Tita?"

"Gusto mo bang ako na muna ang magbantay? Wala ka pang tulog eh. Sige na"

"No tita. Okay lang. Babantayan ko nalang siya."

"Mahal mo talaga anak ko noh?"

"Sobra pa sa mahal tita." I said in a low tone voice. parang bibigay na ako eh.

"I feel you hijo"

"Tita? Bat ganun? Kung kailan handa na kaming gawin yung mga bagay na dapat gawin eh bigla nalang nangyari ang mga ito."

"Tinanong ko na rin yan sa sarili ko hijo. Pero sabi nga, God has a way of surprising things."

"Pero tita, ang hirap eh. Halos di ko na makaya. Sana ako nalang. Ako nalang. She doesn't deserve to be in this on the first place."

"Don't worry Thom, God is bigger than our fears and problems."

"Tita, paano kung ..."

"Don't think about that. Ara needs you to be strong for her."