Chapter five~ Keeping me in won't keep me safe-

Harry's P.O.V.

The morning after Alice woke up, we had a meeting. She was staying back because we didn't trust her enough not to run if we toke her. We left her bedroom door unlocked, but locked the windows and the front door from the outside, so she was trapped inside. I felt guily, but like i said before, it's for the best. 

We all ate breakfast in silence, by the time we'd left, she'd barely said five words. We walked outside, only for me to remember i left my coat inside. I sighed, heading back towards the apartment.

Alice's P.O.V.

I had a lot of time to think. I was just so bored. The boys had just walked out the door. My thoughts wandered back to my old life. I remembered the good times, but mostly the bad ones. Insults being called out, threats left hanging in the air, smirks as they saw my tears. 

NO NO STOP DO NOT THINK ABOUT THAT!

Too late.

Before, i could stop myself i was crying thinking about the things said to me. I couldn't take it, i knew this feeling. And i knew there was only one thing that would help. I practically ripped open the knife drawer. I shut my eyes and tears escaped threw my lashes as i slashed threw my wrist.

Harry's P.O.V.

I walked into the kitchen expecting to find my jacket, instead i found Alice crying... why was she? My gaze wandered down to her left wrist, the thing in her hand, the red liquid dripping down her arm. She cut herself.

I gasped, "Alice." 

She had just been going for her other arm, when her eyes snapped open and she looked at me scared. I ran over to her and wrestled the knife from her grip. I grabbed her by her non-bleeding wrist and pulled her to the medicine counter with me. I pulled out disinfectant and bandages. 

"What are you doing?!" I screamed at her.

She looked down.

"Do you want to die?! How do you like hurting yourself like that?!" I continued, my voice loud as ever.

She cried harder, but i wasn't done.

"What if you hit a vain? What if you died? Then what? Hmm? Do you have any idea how many people you would hurt? Lou, your parents, your friends, the other boys!" I yelled.

As i screamed these things at her, I disinfected her wrist, bandaged it in a white wrap, pulling it on very tightly. After that, i toke a wash cloth and cleaned the blood from her arms.

I grabbed her by the elbows, so that she was close to me.

"What would make you want to do that?" I asked.

She cried harder, "My wh-whole life, I-i've been bullied. For be-eing different. My parents no-ot having a lot of money. I dre-essed in ragged clothing and could- dn't always shower... people teased me e-even though its not my fau-ult! They called me ugly, disgusting, fat. I believed it. I started cutting and stopped eating. I didn't have any friends. I-I was so alone! I still am! It just won't stop! Everywhere i go, i- i still see the kids calling hurtful things out at me. Saying that i would be better de-de-dead. That nobody cared if i lived or not."

I was shocked. Who would say those things to her? She was beautiful, amazingly so.

There was only one thing i could do, pull her in and hold her close.

"It's okay, over this past year... I-I became frieds with this one girl, Isobel. She helped me through so much." She had her arms wrapped around my neck, my arms around her waist.