Chapter Twenty Two~ Always be my Summer-

Alice's P.O.V.

We both stared at the phone.

I reached out and grabbed it quickly hitting the 'answer' button.

"Ammie?" I asked desperately.

"Alice?" He voice came out soft and breathless.

"Ammie!" I gripped the phone tighter, "I'm so sorry i disapeared like that! Louis-"

"I know." She cut me off, "He told me."

"I-is everything okay?" I asked her cautiously.

I heard her sigh, "Thats why i'm calling."

My throat tightened, "W-what's wrong?"

She sighed, "I just wanted to hear your voice.. one last time."

"W-what?" I asked, shaking my head, "w-what do you mean."

She sighed and hesitated, "The doctors said i won't make it to see morning."

Silence. I tried to transfer what she said. Really get it into my head, but i couldn't. She wouldn't make it to see morning?! What!? No! She was too young to die! She was just a kid!

"N-no." I shook my head, "T-that's not funny. Don't joke about something like that."

She sighed, "I wish i was joking, but im not Alice."

"No!" I cried into the phone, "You can't leave me Ammie! I need you! Your parents need you! You can't just go!"

She didn't respond at first, "It's not my choice." She told me, "My treatment isn't working. This is it for me."

I was crying now, tears streaming down my face. Louis stood there, watching me with pity in his eyes, but i ignored him.

"T-there has to be something! Some medicine! anything!"

"There isn't." She told me.

"H-how can you be so calm?!" I asked her shaking.

"I've known for a long time that i was going to die Alice. I've come to terms with it. That it's my time to go."

I shook my head, "Y-you're just a little girl Ammie!"

She sighed, "Everything happens for a reason Alice."

I couldn't respond. I didn't know how to. All i could do was sob into the phone.

I could hear the weak smile in her voice as she continued, "I know i didn't know you for long, but you're the best thing that's happened to me since Summer."

I cried harder, "D-dont leave."

She continued, "Don't worry about me Alice. I'll finally get to see her again. After all this time. We can be together."

"Ammie... aren't you scared?" I asked her shaking.

"Of dying? No. Not when i know she's on the other side waiting for me."

Her breathing was gettting slower, i could hear it through the phone. She was dying. She has been, for a long time now. An innocent little girl, fallen under a disease that so many had died from.

She barely got the chance to live.

I needed to say something. Before she was gone forever, and could no longer hear my words.

"Ammie.. you will always be my Summer." I told her, my voice shaking.

She let out a little sob, "Don't forget me Alice."

"I won't. Not ever." I promised her.

I could hear a small smile in her voice as she said, "Don't worry about me. Don't cry. I'm going to a better place. Don't be sad anymore. You have your brother and the other boys. Don't even get me started on Harry!"