Chapter I

Dedicated to @not_your_bae7

"Aurora!" There is a tug on my hand as I am pulled into a hard chest. A car zooms past us honking. "Aurora, what happened?" Kenneth asks as he turns me around.

I stare at Kenneth with glossy eyes. "Quinn told me." I answer as I look away.

Kenneth truly loved me right? I asked myself.

Kenneth tilts my chin up. "What did Quinn tell you?" He asks staring deep into my eyes searching for an answer.

"Who Jessie is." I state. "She's the one you blamed me about murdering, right?"

Kenneth shakes his head. "Let's go home. I will explain everything there, okay?" He asks and I nod.

He leads us into the mustang and closes the door once I am inside. He climbs into the car and pulls away from the café.

"I wanted to tell you who she was first, that's what I wanted to talk to you about earlier." Kenneth says as he turns to me before focusing back on the lane.

Kenneth interlocks our hands and strokes my thumb. I look over at him and then down at our interlocked hands.

"Kenneth do you—"

"Love you?" Kenneth asks reading my mind and I nod. "Of course I do! I love you so much because you've brought back my once lost happiness."

His words make me smile and I lean over to kiss his cheek. "I love you." I state as I lay my head on his shoulder and hugging his arm.

Kenneth pulled the car in front of the mansion and I step out after he turns off the car. He wraps his arm around me and guides us inside. We take a seat in the lounge and I turn to look up at him.

"Jessie, she was my twin sister," Kenneth starts. "your best friend." I am taken aback by his statement. "We went to Grayer High, with Sabrina, but it was Jessie, Quinn, Reece, Jessie's boyfriend, you and I who were friends."

I can't help but snigger at this. "Ever since I can remember you and I hated each other and couldn't be in the same room, so how were we friends." I ask.

Kenneth smiles. "We were wifey," He replies. "And very good friends actually." He adds.

"It's kinda hard to believe." I tease.

"You and Jessie were in a car accident." Kenneth answers. "When the police found you, you were in the driver's seat and Jessie was in the passengers seat. The officers said that you were drunk which is what caused the accident, your parents paid the officers to keep quiet and let you go."

I frown. "Of course they would." I state.

"Jessie was found with a piece of glass on her abdomen. The doctors said it was caused during the accident but then the family's private pathologist said that it seemed as if she had been stabbed before but with a knife which was the actual cause of the death." Kenneth replies. "I was hurt and angered, I was not thinking an immediately blamed you for it." He looks down at the floor in shame. "When you woke up you did not remember anything, nor anyone. Our families took advantage of your memory loss and decided to not remind you of Jessie. Quinn and you switched schools and I, by that point, I was going to college with a heavy grudge towards you."

"Do you still think I killed her?" I ask searching his face.

Kenneth shakes his head. "I don't, I don't think I ever did blame you. I was blinded by my grief that I took my anger out on you knowing deep down that you were innocent." Kenneth chuckles. "It's funny though, Jessie always wanted us together."