Chapter XVI

I walk off the stage and push past the reporters.

"Aurora! Wait!" Kenneth calls but I continue walking towards the garden's exit.

"Kenneth is it true? Was it just a contract?" The reporters ask as they swarm him.

"It's all true," Cyathia replies as she joins the reporters.

I know that Kenneth had nothing to do with those divorce papers, it was all my parents and cousin. A part of me wanted to go back and be in his arms but I knew if I did I would be attacked with questions that right now would be too hard for me to handle.

My own family, my own flesh humiliated and hurt me in such a cruel way.

I reach the gates of the garden and I walk out breathing in the fresh unscented air. I let a tear prickle down my cheek followed by another.

Why would they do this to me? What happened to the loving parents I knew?

"Huh, she really did come threw," a silhouette spoke causing me to perk up.

"Who's there?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh, I am hurt," the male voice replies. "I can't believe you don't remember me Aurora."

The voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't place my finger on who it belonged to.

"Have you forgotten about me that fast?" The shadow questions as they walk out of the darkness. "But I guess it has been a long time since the accident, nine years to be exact."

The large hood covered the stranger's face making it hard for me to recognize the stranger.

"Who are you?" I repeat once more.

The man slowly approaches me and unravels the hood displaying his face.

"Hello, Aurora." His lips form into a wicked smile as I step back hitting the garden gates.

Those same blue eyes, they're the cold eyes that have been haunting my nightmares. Yet the face, the name, I could not seem to remember who he was.

"You know, it's not nice to not respond when someone greets you." He states as he stalks towards me.

He fists my hair and throws me to the ground. I cry out in pain as my hands scrap against the black concrete.

"Who are you?" I cry out.

He fists my hair once more and lifts me up so I am facing his icy glare.

"So, you still don't recall who I am?" He questions. "Good, this will only make my job so much easier."

I feel a cold metal being pressed against my abdomen.

"Aurora!" Kenneth's voice grabs my attacker's attention.

"Fuck!" He curses.

"Get away from my wife!" Kenneth exclaims.

I could here the chattering of people walking to the scene getting louder.

The man's eyes turn to me with the same wicked smile.

"Until we meet again Aurora." He states before pushing me hard onto the floor.

"Aurora!" Kenneth exclaims.

My body hits the floor with a harsh force and a aching pain erupts on the back of my head. My eyelids begin to feel heavy and I let my arms welcome sleep with open arms.

The only thing filling the void of darkness was those haunting cold blue eyes.

[Everything in ITALICS is a flashback]