Chapter XXV

"So the baby is alright?" I ask to which Dr. Hanley nods.

I turn to Kenneth who is smiling, happy that our little jellybean was alright.

"When you wrapped your hands over your stomach during the fall it protected the baby from any harm that could have been caused." She explains as I wipe away the gel from my belly. "I do need you to be in bed rest for a couple days just to ensure the full safety of you and the baby."

I nod understandingly.

"Have you guys decided if you want to find the gender now or are you going to wait until he or she is born." Dr. Hanley asks.

"We were thinking of waiting until Aurora was officially four months." Kenneth answers.

Dr. Hanley nods.

"Well, I will see you for your next check up then." Dr. Hanley states and I nod. "Would you like for me to bring you a wheelchair or are you fine walking.

"I'm fine walking." I assure.

With that said she walks out the door leaving Kenneth and me alone.

"I'm sorry for what I said." I state for the tenth time today.

Kenneth places my hand in his and strokes it.

"Reece threatened you, you were only trying to protect me." Kenneth answers. "I have nothing to forgive. In fact, I should be thanking you for saving my life and our baby's."

He wipes away the tears that had escape and kisses my lips.

"I love you." He states and I smile up at him.

"I love you, too." I reply and he kisses my forehead. "What happened to Reece and Cyathia?"

Kenneth let's out a long and tired sigh.

"Cyathia escapes," Kenneth states. "Right now, Sean and his men are trying to figure out where she is. We managed to capture Reece though and he's in the hospital right now since he was shot in the arm but he is under high surveillance."

"If I am being honest, it's not Reece I am scared of, it's Cyathia." I confess. "If you guys hadn't showed up when you did she would have killed me."

Kenneth sits down next to me and wraps his arms around me as I lay my head on his chest.

"We will catch her." He assures. "We captures Reece, we can catch Cyathia as well. I won't let her harm you nor our little one."

I smile at my loving husband.

"We should head home, our family must be worried." I comment to which Kenneth nods.

"Mister Hathaway, there is a crowd of reporters downstairs." Wyatt, the head of our security team states.

"It's alright you guys can escort us into the car." I reply as I stand up from the bed.

"Aurora, they're going to notice your baby bump." Kenneth points out the white singlet that outline my small round bump which I had changed into seeing that my other clothes were dirties. "With Cyathia still out there they cannot know that you are pregnant."

I rub my small baby bump.

"Cyathia already knows I am pregnant, my parents must have informed her and my aunt." I reply. "There is no point of hiding our baby anymore."

Kenneth nods in agreement.

"Wyatt, you and Oliver will be escorting us. Please have Julian prepare the car." Kenneth orders to which Wyatt nods.