Chapter X

I grabbed the speaker remote control and press play before Handclap comes on. I bob my head to the beat as I tie my hair into a messy bun.

"I can make your hands clap," I sing while clapping my hands. "Say, I can make your hands clap!"

I continue dancing while taking the sheets off my bed, impressive right? I replace the white cotton sheets for light blue colored ones and a matching duvet cover. I place the pillows onto the bed and organize the cushions on the two one-person couches.

"Nice and clean." I smile contently.

I check the clock and it marks ten forty. I walk into my closet and pick out my outfit for the day. I slide on the navy blue pair of skinny jeans and place the beige silk vest shirt on before tying it. I slide on a pair of patching beige heels before letting my hair out and letting it fall in smooth waves. I add minimal makeup before grabbing my bag and heading out of my room.

"Good morning misses Hathaway," Geraldo greets as he opens the door for me.

"Good morning Geraldo." I reply with a smile.

Freddy steps into the car along with Geraldo before we exit through the double gates. I scroll through my contacts and click on Stephanie's name.

"Hey!" She enthusiastically answers and I could hear the happiness in her voice. "Are you almost here?" She asks.

"I just left the mansion but I should be there in about ten minutes." I reply. "I was cleaning my room that's why I took longer." I excuse.

She chuckles softly. "It's alright," she answers. "I just got here anyways." She informs.

"Oh okay, I will see you in a bit then." I answer.

"Okay bye." She replies before we end the phone call.

I was about to put my phone away when I get a message from my brother.

Aaron: Guess who just got date with Princess Diana!!!

I can't help but smile and another message pops up a second later.

Aaron: This guy!

Me: Congrats! I'm going to trust that you'll treat her good

Aaron: I promise I will, she's special and I am planning on keeping her

Me: Good! I am happy for both of you. Good luck!

Aaron: Thank you 😁

I smile at my phone before putting it away in my black leather handbag. I play with my wedding band and engagement ring as the car continues driving to the mall.

"We have arrived misses Hathaway." Geraldo announces as the car comes to a stop.

Freddy and Geraldo step out of the car. Geraldo opens the door for me and I step out. I walk into the mall and Freddy follows me close by. He was not too close to invade my personal space but he was a few feet behind watching me closely in case trouble presented.

"Aurora!" Stephanie calls turning me attention to her. She stood near the mall's inside fountain with a bright smile. "I missed you!" She states as she runs over and hugs me.

"It's been four weeks but it feels like ages," I agree as I hug her back. "Last time we saw each other was briefly during the fashion show." I state.

She nods. "I'm sorry that I was not able to attend the after party but Dante had an emergency he needed to attend to." She apologizes. "I heard that there was a Quinn and Kenneth showdown?" She asks.