Chapter XXVIII

^^^Kenneth's and Aurora's baby sonogram

"I'm nervous." I confess as I turn to face Kenneth.

"There's nothing to be nervous about my love." He assures as he pulls me closer to him. "Our little one is going to be alright."

"I know, but these hormones they keep making me think otherwise." I reply as I run a hand over my now four-month pregnant belly.

"Mister and misses Hathaway." The nurse calls and we stand up and let her lead us towards our assigned room. "Doctor Hanley is out sick today but doctor Williams will assist you today."

We nod and I take a seat on the bed as the nurse prepares me for the ultrasound.

"Good morning mister and misses Hathaway." Says Dr. Williams as he walks into the room.

I was surprised at how young he looked. He was around my age if not younger.

"Good morning." Kenneth and I reply.

"So, you are four months pregnant meaning we will be able to determine the gender of our baby." He states as he looks through my files. "Let's get this little one on the screen."

After placing the cold gel on my baby bump, Dr. Williams places the wand and moves it around my bump trying to find my baby.

"Here's this little one." He states as he our little baby pops on the screen. "Do you guys want to know the gender or—"

"We want to know the gender." Kenneth replies.

"Well I am happy to tell you that you are having a beautiful baby boy." Dr. Williams states causing me to smile.

I turn to Kenneth with an 'I told you' look on my face.

"We are having a baby boy." Kenneth states as he looks at the screen.

"Zayn is going to be surprised when he hears that it's a boy." I giggle.

"The baby is doing good and there seems to no complications." Dr. Williams states. "If things go like this, in five months you'll have your baby boy delivered safely."

"I'll have these printed out for you and I'll schedule next months appointment." Dr. Williams states before heading out the door.

"See, a mothers intuition is never wrong." I state with a smug look upon my face.

I clean up my belly and Kenneth helps me off the bed as I pull my dress down.

"Well, misses Hathaway it seems that you have won the bet." Kenneth replies. "What will you want?"

I tap my chin thoughtfully.

"An ice cream sundae!" I exclaim causing Kenneth to chuckle.

"Are you upset?" I ask Kenneth who stared at me with knitted eyebrows.

"Upset? No, why?" He asks back.

"That we aren't having baby girl." I answer.

Kenneth cups my face and stares deep into my eyes.

"I've said this before and I will say it again, I will love our baby all the same whether it be a girl or boy. This little one and you are my everything." He replies causing me to smile.

"How are we going to announce the baby gender?" Kenneth asks.

"Well, I was thinking about having the color theme of our wedding to be blue representing that we are having a baby boy." I suggest.