Chapter 1: Come Back to Me

Adrienne's POV:

Riiinnggg....

I woke up to the sound of my phone. I didn't even realize I had dozed off. I smiled after seeing the name in the caller id.

"Hey babe?" I said, greeting my fiancé.

Chace Edwards. He is everything I have been looking for in a man. I still can't believe that it's only been six months since we've met and now we're getting married!

"Damn, your voice sounds sexy! Are you doing something naughty?" my fiancé greeted.

"What? No!" I laughed at his question. He's funny! Did I mention good looking too? Almost 6 foot tall, dark brown hair, deep blue eyes, and when he does that sexy smile? Ugghhh

"I'm actually trying to wrap up our guest list, plus the table arrangements. It's just a couple of days 'til our wedding, but I guess I've been so exhausted coz I just fell asleep in the couch.." I yawned, sitting up right and turning on the MacBook Chace gave me to continue what I was doing.

Chace and I decided to move in together about two months ago. He says it's convenient. He's busy at work and doesn't have time to fly back and forth from Chicago to California. A pretty big step, I know. I guess that's what love does to you. Let's just say he's the first person who managed to sweep me off my feet.

(A/N: Meet Chace Edwards)

"Well don't get yourself all worked up, that's why I got you a wedding coordinator to do these things" he demanded.

True, he got me the most famous wedding coordinator in Chicago. Not to mention Tammy Reid - my best friend and maid of honor - who takes over everything.

"But it's our wedding! I want everything to be perfect. I want it to be just how we like it." I said while pouting.

I know how Tammy likes things. She likes to show off, not in a bad way. She just wants everything to be extra special, over the top sometimes. She has more of an outgoing personality, while I am more of a laid-back, home buddy type of gal. I can stay home all weekend just watching movies or reading books, while she likes to party a lot. And while she is skeptical, I am sometimes naive. That's why she likes to act like a big sister and look after me.

I guess we complement each other in a sense.

"Doesn't matter, just let them do these things. Anyway, I just called now because I don't think I'll be able to call you later like I promised. I'm having a dinner meeting tonight and it might end up too late. So don't wait up, okay?"

"Well, what time are you flying back tomorrow?" It's kinda frustrating he's still in his business conference.

Our wedding is in five days' time?!