Chapter 7: The One I've Been Looking For

Recap:

I opened the door of my penthouse suite thinking I'd find my angel only to be welcomed by a panicky Rose.

"What's going on?" I asked worriedly. She's almost like a second mother to me.

She didn't say anything but handed me a piece of paper.

Mr. Rossi,

I couldn't thank you enough for what you did. For saving me. I owe you a great deal and I hope someday I can pay back your kindness.

I wanted to tell you these in person but I'm afraid I couldn't stay any longer.

I wish you well.

Adrienne

That's all it took for me to walk out of the house and back to my car.

--------------------------------------------------

Continuation:

Adrienne's POV:

I've spent hours trying to look for a job online.

I need to move on and start living my life. Maybe easier said than done.

But I have to do it now.

God knows it's only a matter of time until Theo gets bail and l can't stay here when that happens. Most of my saved up money was spent paying the deposit for this apartment.

I don't think the owner is generous enough to refund my money just so I can avoid another tenant. Besides, it's gonna be difficult to rent another apartment if I have early termination on my current lease.

Meaning, I have to get money to rent another place. Ugh! I'm short on funds as it is.

Then a certain job placement ad caught my attention.

New York City's Top Employer of the Year is looking to hire an Executive Assistant

Must be someone who:
- is highly motivated and detail oriented
- has excellent organizational and communication skills (written and oral)
- has great multi-tasking skills and meets deadlines
- highly efficient in MS Office programs
- must have bachelor's degree
- at least 3 years experience is a must

For interested applicants please bring your resume and proceed to (office address) between 8am to 5pm Mondays thru Fridays.

I think this is it. It says 3 years experience is a must but I graduated at the top of my class so I just want to give it a shot.

Besides the pay is something you'd find hard to resist.

I looked at the date. It was just posted yesterday. Hopefully they haven't filled the spot yet.

I decided to finish my breakfast then took a quick shower.

I noticed some of my bruises are almost gone. At least nothing that can't be fixed with a good concealer.