Chapter 17: Time Is Running Out

Recap:
Slowly, he bent down. My heart beats so fast in anticipation, as if I waited forever and when his lips finally touched mine, it was pure bliss.

He kissed me gently, softly at first, willing me to give in. When I gasped for air and he kissed me ever more fervently. I felt him pulling me closer. With our bodies pressed together, I'm unsure if it was my heart or his that was beating rapidly.

In this fleeting moment, I was able to drown my pains away. There was no Chace Edwards, just Pietro Rossi.

——————————————————————

Continuation:

Pietro's POV:

I woke up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Looking at the clock, I couldn't believe I slept in. Honestly, I haven't slept that well in a while.

While I was freshening up, I remember last night's events.

I know I told her it was just a fake engagement, but it couldn't be more real to me. In my mind, she's my future wife. She's mine.

A smile crept up my face. Then, I heard my phone beep.

It was a text from James.

What the hell happened last night?

Attached was today's headlines.

Playboy billionaire, Pietro Rossi finally tying the knot? Who's the lucky girl?

I never bothered with gossip columns or whatever the paps write about me. But, this news bring a great sense of pride to me.

If it's up to me, I'd tell the whole world that she's mine.

I heard a faint knock on the door.

I opened it, and saw her dressed in a simple white tee and denim shorts. She's in casual clothes, but still the most beautiful girl I've known.

Adrienne's POV:

I don't know what I was supposed to do. I barely slept due to last night's events. Honestly, my thoughts are all over the place.

Why do we need to pretend as a couple?
What's even more ridiculous is that we're supposed to be engaged.
And why me?

With all those questions in my mind, I decided to get out of my room to get some air. That's when I found Rose.

She mentioned having an emergency. Basically,  she'd be gone the entire weekend. She also asked me if I can prepare some breakfast for Pietro, which I definitely couldn't decline. After all, I'm just a freeloader here.

I couldn't even remember how I whipped up today's breakfast. I got some toasts ready, bacon, eggs, sausages and coffee. I don't know what billionaires usually have for breakfast but I hope this will do.

I decided to check if Pietro's awake, so I went by his room and knocked once. As soon as I did I regretted it immediately. I don't think Rose would wake his boss up in the morning to have breakfast. He can have it whenever he liked, right?

Just as I'm about to turn away and leave, Pietro opened his bedroom door.

There stood Pietro fresh as the morning with a smile crept up his lip. He's wearing ripped jeans that embraced his thighs and fit navy blue shirt.