Chapter 12: A Girl With A Mission

Recap:

"Besides I think working for Rossi Corporation will be good for you. A lot of people would grab this opportunity in a heartbeat." He added.

"It's just -" I'm not sure how to put it.

"You're not comfortable working for me."

I was taken aback. How can he read my thoughts.

He chuckled at my reaction.

I know he's beautiful, but when he laughs, ugh! Kill me now!

How can I work for him and not look like an idiot all the time? All the instances that we've met, I always managed to look like a dumb ass with all the staring and gazing at him. Couldn't even help but stutter.

"Don't worry, you'll be reporting directly to James. So you won't be drooling all day because of me."

"Drooling?" I hit his arm as hard as I could. I can feel my face become red and hot.

He just burst out laughing.

---------------------------------------------------

Continuation:

Adrienne's POV:

It felt like I was catching up with an old friend. We spent a good few hours chatting over a bottle of wine. Who knew billionaire CEO Pietro Rossi could make me laugh so hard?

I didn't even noticed it's already late afternoon. He offered to drive me to his home then I remember, "Aren't you going back to work?"

He mentioned his afternoon meetings were all cancelled. So we went on our way back to the penthouse after we bid Margherita goodbye. She made me promised to come back and reminded me that she's serious about giving me cooking lessons.

She has so much warmth in her that she reminded me of my mother. God I miss my mom!

Margherita looks more radiant and hopeful than she did earlier. She asked me to look after Pietro. I couldn't exactly decline her so I agreed.

A few minutes later, his driver dropped us in front of the hotel lobby. Pietro opened the car door for me. He held out his hand for me, to help me get off the car.

After a couple of steps, I stumbled!

Before I fall flat on my face, I felt a pair of strong arms hold me. I looked up to find him smirking at me.

"What?" I snapped at him as he helped me stand up straight.

Hi just grinned at me.

"Nothing." He said feigning innocence, then whispered "Klutz!"

I glared at him. "Brute!" I yelled which made him laugh loudly catching the attention of on-lookers.

How come these people are looking at us with weird faces? Did they not see him laugh before?

Then I felt myself frozen on the spot as he placed an arm over the small of my back.