Chapter 2: I'm So Confused

A/N:

The photo above is of Adrienne and Chace.

--------------------------------------------------

Recap:

So when I finally decided to bring him home with me to meet my parents, I was a nervous wreck. Within the first ten minutes of meeting him, I realized I shouldn't have worried. My mom Elise Woods, is already charmed by him. I found them laughing about something and even my dad Tony was smiling. That never happens! He's always scaring away any boy I'd like to introduce to them that I just ended up not even trying. That is, until Chace.

So when the moment came when he finally asked me to marry him, it was perfect. He got my parents permission for my hand in marriage. He asked for help from my best friend Tammy in choosing an engagement ring. Then we were back on the same restaurant where we first met. This time it's just us. Seems the restaurant is closed for business at least for tonight. We had a table facing the ocean. The cold night breeze is filling the air. Then he went on his knee with beautiful diamond ring in his hand and said:

"I always thought I had a perfect life, but everything has changed and my life has taken a different direction when I met you. I'm asking you to give me the chance to always be there for you, to love you even at your worst, even more when we grow older. I'd love to call you Mrs. Chase Edwards. Will you marry me?" his eyes pleading.

I was blinded by tears, I didn't realize this happiness would be short lived.

---------------------------------------------------

Continuation:

Adrienne's POV:

Chace's penthouse is crowded today. It's just two days before the wedding. My parents flew a week before and are staying at a hotel near our place. Tammy has been here for a month assisting my wedding coordinator Anthony Marentino.

"Adrienne honey, why are you here by yourself?" I was so preoccupied, I didn't even notice my mom stepped inside the bedroom. I felt the bed dip as she sat beside me.

When I forced a smile she asked, "Something bothering you honey?"

"Nope, I'm fine Mom." I smiled genuinely this time as I teach out and hug her, feeling the warmth and love only a mother can give. I have always been a daddy's girl. But my mom? She's the best in the world. We don't need words. She knew me inside and out.

We stayed in that position for a few minutes. My mom looking out the window and my face buried in her neck and still hugging her tight.

"You think we wouldn't notice? Your dad and I are worried about you. You've been distracted since we got here this morning. I hope you knew if this is not what you wanted, we will support you through and through right?" She looked at me with a tender smile on her face.

"Don't worry it's nothing like that mom. I love him and I knew he will make me happy." I assured her.

It's true. I know I'm making the right decision. I Love Chace.

And I know he feels the same for me.

I just have this nagging feeling that something is going on. I know it's wrong to start our new life together with doubts and he hasn't given me any reason to doubt him. I guess this is what they call wedding jitters. There's nothing to worry about. I just talked to Chace yesterday and he's still the same as ever, only this time sounding more nervous which is totally understandable. Or, I don't know, maybe I'm just imagining things.