Chapter 10: Your New Boss

A/N: Meet James Reynolds. Super hot cousin of Pietro.

---------------------------------------------------
Recap:

I was so stupid! How can I not know this is Rossi Enterprises?!

Because you were so engrossed in your thoughts about Chace! You didn't even bother to look around or ask what company is it!

I know it's a big oversight in my part not to ask the name of this company I chose to apply to. I guess knowing that this is one of the top employers in this city and that huge compensation was enough for me to be captivated by that ad in the paper. I should have still asked upon getting here. But it's true, my thoughts were preoccupied because of that email.

"Hey are you okay?" The girl beside me inquired.

How can I be okay? This is just too much.

I've been through a lot recently. And Mr. Rossi! Am I gonna owe him everything? He saved me. I'm a freeloader in his beautiful and expensive home. Now, I want to work for him?

I have to leave before he sees me.

Before I could even move, I heard that familiar voice, speaking as if he's so close to me.

"Adrienne?"

---------------------------------------------------

Continuation:

Adrienne POV:

Busted!

I looked up from and saw Mr. Rossi towering over me. He looked immaculate in his navy blue suit while he smirk at me. I stood up from my seat hoping to gain just a little bit of confidence but it didn't help as I was now standing so close to him. I lost all hope when I drowned into those deep blue eyes.

There was silence for a few minutes. The longer he stares at me, the more I am drawn to him. It feels as if there's only the two of us left in the room.

Until I heard a loud chuckle. We were both snapped out of the trance we were in. He looked away searching for the culprit and I feel a hint of disappointment in me. Why?

I looked around and it seems everyone witnessed that little scene because I saw the death glares from the girls in the room, even from the girl sitting beside me. While the rest are shamelessly ogling him.

Embarrased, I looked down when I felt warmth of his hand on my chin, raising it until our face are inches from each other. I tried my best to look away.

Not long after, I heard someone say "Nancy, you can let the rest of the applicants leave. We just found our Executive Assistant."

What?!

James POV:

Pietro and I was in a meeting with a potential investor for the new hotel that will be built in Australia. Honestly our company can stand without this investor but Pietro felt it would be an easier transition to branch out in Australia if we have a local to back us up. Plus they seem to be very interested as they flew here on their own to meet us.