Chapter 16: Hearts Beating Rapidly

Recap:

"There will be no need for that Gisele. Let me introduce you to Adrienne." I glanced at her to see if she's still listening to our discussion and this time I have her attention. "Adrienne is my fiancée." Then I wrapped my hands around my girl's waist. "And baby, this is Gisele, an old friend of mine."

I didn't notice the hurt and disbelief in Gisele's eyes because I'm busy staring straight into Adrienne's. She has questioning look in her face but she still nodded her head towards Gisele in acknowledgement.

"Pleased to meet you Gisele." She said as she extended her hand. Gisele might have forgotten her manners and ignore her outstretched hand. "You can drop by the penthouse tonight. I can prepare the guest room for you. I'm glad to live with my baby but sometimes it's get boring when he's at work. You should come visit us often." She said while smiling sweetly at Gisele. Too sweetly, before she looked at me lovingly.

I almost got lost in those eyes.

But then Gisele spoke looking horrified. "I don't believe you. Look, she doesn't even have a ring. You're just making things up."

I didn't want to do this yet, but she gave me no choice. We have to end this discussion now since we're starting to get everyone's attention.

I pulled out a small velvety box, out of my jean's pocket, opened it then waved it in front of her. I saw the look of surprise in Adrienne's eyes. Her mouth wide open as she tried to grasp for words but found none.

"That's because I'm just about to propose and you fucking ruined it."

---------------------------------------------------

Continuation:

Adrienne's POV:

I saw him pull out a small box out of his jeans pocket. Imagine my surprise when he opened it and I found what looks like a diamond engagement ring.

I was dumbfounded.

Then I heard him say, "That's because I'm just about to propose and you fucking ruined it."

What did he just say?

I didn't even notice Gisele's reaction. I feel sorry for her. She's a Hollywood actress and I've watched some of her movies but my loyalty lies with Pietro, as much as I hate to admit it. I owe him a lot so when he introduced me as his fiancée to drive her away, I immediately backed up his story. I thought I went a little overboard pretending as his fake fiancée. But then this? A ring? Who buys a diamond ring as a prop?

"Let's go." Pietro said grabbing my hand as we walk away leaving a teary eyed Gisele.

"Where are we going?"

"We need to talk." He said simply.

I saw Sofia as we make our way down the stairs. She must have witnessed the scene because she looks so giddy as she jump up and down in excitement.

Pietro led me to a series of dimly lit halls until we reached a door at the end of the hallway. There was a bulky dude manning the door. He nodded to Pietro before opening the door to let us in.  It seems like we're inside a private office.