Chapter 13: See You Later

Recap:

"Sorry, but who did you say likes me?" I asked her.

"My brother." She said simply.

"Who's your brother?" I don't want to appear stupid but I'm totally baffled.

"Pietro! Who else are we talking about?" She blabbed.

Oh god! It's official! I'm an idiot! They're siblings!

She seems puzzled. I noticed when realization finally dawned on her. She smiled broadly as if she knew something I didn't.

"Wait! Did you think we're a thing?" She had her arms crossed waiting for an answer.

When I didn't, she continued, "Eew! That is just so gross!" She said with a disgusted look on her face.

Embarrassed, I covered my face with a pillow.

When I raised my head up to look at her, she has a determined look on her face.

A girl with a mission.

---------------------------------------------------

Continuation:

Adrienne's POV:

The week passed by like a blur. I took the job as the Executive Assistant for Mr. James Reynolds, Vice President of Rossi Enterprises.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, in the past five days, I've become friends with James. He's easy to get along with. He's got charming personality. Drop dead gorgeous - stands a little more than six feet tall, dark copper colored hair and captivating blue eyes just like Pietro - but for some reason, I'm not in the least affected by him. Which makes me glad, at least I'll be able to focus on my work.

I'm curios about something though, it's like the CEO has vanished. I'm not expecting to run into him everyday, but I expected to at least see him around. He's not out of town either, because I hear a lot of female employees gossiping about him everyday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for him.

Liar!

I just find it highly unusual that I don't see him around when I live in his house and I work for him. The last time I saw him was when we had that awkward moment in the elevator.

Unless he's avoiding me.

But why would he?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my boss James call for me. I stood up from my desk and quickly stepped inside his office.

The room is enormous. The huge mahogany desk is situated near the floor to ceiling glass wall. A sitting area in one side of the room and an twelve seater conference table in the other. The art pieces that hang on the wall are from world renowned artists. I shudder to think how much these pieces might have cost.

I spotted James immediately. He seems to be on the phone talking to someone. He is standing by the glass wall then suddenly glanced my way, and made a gesture for me to wait. I took a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk, holding the latest iPad in one hand - provided to me by the company - ready to take notes in case I need to.