Chapter 18: His Mother and His Friend?

Recap:

"Adrienne, this is my mother Martina Rossi and my childhood friend, Lucinda."

Before I could say hello, I was surprised by the warm embrace from his mother. "It's nice to finally meet you my dear." She said with absolute joy in her face. "I didn't realize that Pietro already found the girl for him." She looked at me with adoration and added, "and you look so beautiful too."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you ma'am." I told her.

"Call me madre, mother, mom, but not ma'am okay? You'll be my daughter soon." She said with a beautiful smile on her face.

This made Lucy even more furious. She then put her arm on Pietro's shoulder and asked him, "How about we catch up over lunch and some drinks?" She said while batting her eyelashes.

I wasn't the least surprised when I heard him say, "Sure." I can't exactly blame him, I mean who can say no to a goddess like her. I guess we're no longer spending our day together like he planned.

---------------------------------------------------

Continuation:

Adrienne's POV:

"Adrienne, you'll come with us, right?" He asked.

I know I'm the supposed fiancée, but why does it feel like I'll be the third wheel between the three ‪of us? Also I noticed Lucy glaring at me. I'm starting to get used to it already, so I said, "I should stay home, I think I've had too much to drink last night."

He rushed to my side in an instant. "Are you okay? How about I take you to the doctor?"

"Don't worry, it's nothing that a good rest and some Advil can't fix. You should go with Lucinda and have fun. I'll be alright." I sure hope that sounded convincing.

"I'm sure we can just take a rain check and catch up when you're feeling much better." He looked so sincere, but I'd hate to be a burden on anyone and much more to him since I pretty much owe him everything right now.

"Pietro, I'm fine, don't worry." I assured him then I heard his mother speak. "Are you sure you're okay with this?" She asked looking concerned.

"I am, I'll take a nap and I'm sure he'd be back sooner than I expected."

"I don't feel good about this, I should stay here and take care of you." He told me. I am touched for real, but I can't stop him from meeting his friends, even if that friend looks like a gorgeous supermodel.

"How about I stay with her?" His mother offered. "I wanted to get to know her anyway. What perfect opportunity than spending time with my future daughter in law?" She said.

I did say no, but she's having none of it. And her mother may look like the sweetest woman in the world, but she can be the most intimidating too. I didn't want to get on her bad side.

Much to Pietro's dismay, he ended up leaving with a beaming Lucinda.

Now I'm left with my 'future' mother in law. She wanted me to take a rest already, but I don't want to be rude so we did talk for a while over some tea and chocolate cake I made the other day. She asked a lot of stuff about me and I decided to tell her the truth except about my engagement with Chace. I know it's all a sham, but I'm thankful that she didn't mind my background and the fact that I'm not from a well off family. She's just geniunely happy that her son found someone and I admired her more for that. She also told me a lot of stories about Pietro and his childhood including how he met Lucinda.