Playtime

The Last Five Standing's Audition Entry. (HORROR GENRE)

--

Playtime

by superjelly

You open your eyes.

Complete darkness and eerie silence welcomes you. Confusion takes over. You don't know where you are. You try to remember the last place you were in, and you remember that you were in your house trying to solve your Math homework when all of the sudden you heard loud noises outside your room. Annoyed because you were distracted from finishing your work, you still stood up to check out the source of the noise. You were expecting that it could be your mother, and when you opened the door, there was nothing in there. You dismissed it and went back to your work. Then, you started yawning and felt drowsy. You decided to finish your homework tomorrow morning and you settled in your bed, getting ready to sleep. You were about to close your eyes when you heard your door creaked open. You can't see a thing, but you know someone was watching you. You tried to ignore it and lay in your bed once again, but you felt someone touching your face and when you tried to open your eyes to see who was it, you lost your consciousness.

That's all you can remember. Now, sitting up in what seems a metal platform, you know that someone--- or something took you in this unfamiliar place. Brows furrowed and blinded by the darkness, you still stand up and try to make your way out of this dark room. You extend your arms and try to grasp on something, until you finally feel something cold and metal.

You figure that it's a door knob you are holding onto. You twist it slowly, and sigh in relief that it can be opened. When you open the door, a faint light from the outside comes up to you.

You're getting your hopes up. You're starting to think that you can get out of here.

You step out of the room, quietly closing the door behind you. Your eyes grow big when you get to see the place where you are.

This is not an unfamiliar place at all. This is your house.

It's the same living room--- the red leather couch in the center, with another two red chairs in both of its corners. The shelves stands in the left of the living room, with several encyclopedias inside it. There are frames of family pictures that hang in the wall. You look around. Even the ashtray for your father's cigarettes is there in top of the mini coffee table.

You start to be calm. There is nothing to be afraid of. You're in your house and you feel that you are safe.

But just as you are getting calm, you hear someone screaming for help nearby the room you are standing at.

Panic starts to set in once again. You listen to the scream--- a scream of a little girl--- and you feel the hairs in your neck rise. There is a certain fear in that scream. Heart pounding, you begin to take small steps towards the room where the scream is coming from. Just as you are about to come in the room, the scream stops.

But that does not stop you from going in further. Even though you are afraid of what you may see, curiosity kills you like you're a cat. You open the door slowly and you are now in a dim-lighted room which you never saw in your house before.

You suddenly want to run away.

You suddenly feel the strange coldness that numbs your whole body.

You feel like your heart has stopped from beating.

Your eyes grow big in terror.

Looking over the room, you fix your gaze at the wall. You feel like you're going to vomit any second. You want to scream, but you can't find your voice anymore. You just stand there, looking at those things that only someone not in their stable mind would do.