11:35

The Voice of Wattpad PR # 2 Entry. Unedited crap.

--

11:35

by superjelly

HIM

            At exactly 11:35 PM, everything has stopped.

            "Are you okay?" Mom asked me. I gave her a nod and walked into my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I sat on my bed. Of course I am not okay. Who would be after losing the person you love the most in this world?

            I stood up and tried to distract myself by turning on my computer. Played games until I became tired of it. I logged onto Facebook even though I know it won't really be a good idea. My phone judders when I was entering my password. I reached for my phone from the pocket of my pants and scanned the messages I received.

            It was all the same messages- about me losing her. So much for distracting myself. I put my phone back in my pants and browsed through the news feed, until I found myself typing her name on the search bar.

            The first thing that I noticed in her timeline was her display picture, of course. She was smiling. A pretty nice smile. I clicked the photo for a larger view and stared at her face for God knows how long. She is, no doubt, the most beautiful girl I ever laid my eyes on. She was not just a mere pretty face, but there was definitely something more in her. Maybe it's her smile. Or her eyes. Or her hair. I'm not sure.

            I couldn't help but to smile. Her picture- I was the one who took it. I think it was two years ago- or three? I don't know- but that was during the time when we went to the mall for a "friendly date", as she likes to call it. We had a lot of "friendly dates", and the last one we had was three days ago.

            I turned off the computer and lay on my bed yet again. I got my phone back from my pocket and read the messages. I scrolled it until my eyes caught a certain message. It was something I received yesterday, 10:30 PM. Her last text message.

            "Can you come over my house now? Please, I need someone."

            She always does that. Well, I really couldn't blame her since I am the only person that is there for her. I was the only one she could trust and depend to because everyone who used to be so important to her already left.

            I closed my eyes and went back from that scene last night... The last night of us together.

            ***

            She was sitting on her bed, the usual. I closed the door behind me and seated beside her.

            "What's up?" 

            She did not speak at that moment. I waited for her response, yet the only reply I got was a sob. When I looked into her eyes, tears were already streaming down her pretty face. Whenever I see those tears, I feel the pain in me. My presence could never make her happy. Even though I'm always there for her trying to cheer her up, she never gave me a genuine smile. 

            I took her hand. "Why? Did something happen?"

            She shook her head. "It's just that... I'm worn out. Sorry, I can't help it.."

            "Hey, don't cry." I tried my best to calm her down. "I'm here for you."

            She nodded. "I know. Thank you, Adam. But it's just that sometimes, sometimes I could hear the demons whispering inside me, I could hear them, Adam. I cannot think clearly... I want to be free from these thoughts. My heart is breaking slowly and I cannot do anything to fix it. I hate it Adam, I hate it that I always feel this way. I want to be happy, but I don't think I can. I want to be that person I used to be, but whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is someone who is gruesome, hideous with the scars she have. I'm tired."