Chapter One

Before you read, some important notes:

- Potential triggers, smut and swearing will pop up later although I will specify in which chapters

- This is my first Boyf Riends fic so it would be great if you had suggestions for how to improve my writing

- Any ideas for chapters or things you want to see in the story would be wonderful

- I'm not from America so I don't know shit about the schooling system or anything tbh. If you have questions about any Aussie slang I might use accidentally please ask

- Michael is taller ;)

"So uhh...How's Christine?" Michael asked awkwardly as he and Jeremy took turns playing google Pacman.

It was 3:27am and the two boys had come down from their high several hours ago. The only light in Michael's basement was that radiating from the computer screen they were playing on. It had been three weeks and two days since the play (not that anyone was counting) and the boys were trying desperately to salvage their friendship. Hanging out again had been somewhat foreign at first, neither of the boys really knowing how to go about mending something so important.

To say things were exactly as they had been was a huge overstatement. Despite the fact that Jeremy had apologised a million times and Michael had assured him that he had forgiven him; despite the fact that Jeremy had explained the abuse he had endured over the months prior and that Michael did all he could to help out, things were just not the same. Jeremy had completely shied away from physical contact which meant no more play fighting, hugging or even swapping remotes like they used to.

Michael was having an especially hard time fitting in with their newfound friend group and neither of the boys ever slept at night in fear of the nightmarish hell that would await them. Perhaps it would just take time.

Jeremy shrugged in response to his friend's question, "we broke up." Michael whipped around instantly, eyes wild, "you what!" He mentally kicked himself for being so insensitive but mostly for the hope that was now flourishing inside him.

"She's Ace apparently, we still wanna be good friends but, you know, after so many years of pining after her I guess it just didn't live up to expectations."

Michael forced his mouth to morph into an expression that somewhat reflected concern, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jeremy chuckled, "Christine errr...also said that you and me should have as much time together as possible and that you can ummm look after me better than she can?" Michael's breath hitched, he had somehow come into a conversation between Jeremy and Christine?

"ummm, errr," he said unintelligibly, clearing his throat, "when were you planning on telling me all this?"

"Well, it only happened this afternoon," Jeremy said, nervously picking at his cardigan, something he always did when he wasn't telling the complete truth. Michael's eyes narrowed, "you have something else to say don't you?"

"errr...y-yeah. I do ummm," he hesitated, "I'm bisexual."

The butterfly's clattering in Michaels rib cage went berserk, "Holy shit." Jeremy looked up at his friend fearfully but was met by Michael's dorky giggle.

"What? What is it!" Jeremy wined as the Filipino's laughter only increased in volume, "Mikey~"

"I just can't believe that it took fishing out $400 worth from your Bar Mitzvah cash reserves, putting up with a Japanese tic tac in your brain for two and a half months and taking over the entire school to get with the girl of your dreams just to decide you are better off as friends. But mostly that it took thirteen years for the gay to finally rub off on you." Michael giggled again, wiggling his hands next to Jeremy's shoulder, who rolled his eyes and attempted to suppress his laughter.