Chapter Twelve

"Michael, Michael, wake up!" Jeremy knelt next to his boyfriend on the bed, shoving him to wake him up.

Both boys had been sleeping much better now that they were with each other most nights. Monday to Thursday they stayed at Jeremy's and Friday to Sunday they would stay at Michael's. They kept the clothes they would need in Michael's car but they mostly just wore each-others stuff anyway.

"Mmph," Michael rolled over and pulled the covers up.

"Mikey, it's Christmas, wake up!"

Michael yawned and rubbed his eyes, reaching for his glasses, "Jer, babe you're Jewish, that means I'm supposed to be able to sleep in on Christmas."

Jeremy planted a sloppy kiss on his boyfriend's lips, "You're such a meanie. And you sleep in most weekends regardless, this one time won't kill you." He tugged Michael's arm, "Now, c'mon!"

"Yeah, yeah let me take my retainer out first," Michael chuckled, getting up to wash his retainer in the basement bathroom. Jeremy watched him from the doorway, giggling when Michael lifted him up and twirled around before setting him down again and pressing their lips together, smiling and mumbling into the kiss, "love you."

"I love you too." For a moment he forgot why he was so excited. He just breathed Michael in. He wanted to stay in his arms forever, just as they were now, perfect and carefree.

Michael took his boyfriends hand, sensing the shift in mood. He felt more confident than he had in a while, suddenly he could do this, he could make Jeremy happy and he would be able to protect him. Today was going to be great.

He led them upstairs, looking down at their intertwined fingers. He needed to do his nails again, the black paint was super chipped.

Michael wheeled around when they made it to the kitchen, "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Ice cream and coco puffs!" Jeremy responded enthusiastically.

"Ah yes, wise choice. A healthy option is always the way to go." He busied himself getting the ingredients, "You know this is going to be gross, right?"

Jeremy acted offended as he watched his boyfriend pile strawberry and vanilla scoops into a bowl, "You have no faith in my taste for fine cuisine Mr Mell."

"Yeah, and with good reason. You know what? I'm just going to have that leftover chocolate cake and some soda. Nice and simple." He passed the bowl of ice cream to Jeremy who poured coco puffs on top.

"That's even less healthy than this," He gestured to the meal in front of him.

"You sir, can fuck off."

They boys chatted as they ate, mostly about what they were going to do now they had completed the pacifist run of Undertale and what they were going to do for the rest of the day. The SQUIP squad was going to have a get together at Jenna's house as her parents were out of town and her brother was staying at his College for the break.

Michael was painting his nails at the kitchen table when Rich came barging in through the front door and yelled from down the hall, "What's up bitches?"

"Rich, shut it, my parents are home." Michael yelled equally loudly from where he was sitting.

Rich and Jake appeared in the doorway, "Sorry about that Michael," The taller boy wacked his boyfriend on the head playfully.

Rich's eyes widened, "Hold up, is that ice cream and coco puffs I see?"

Jeremy turned red, "Y-yeah bu-"