Battlefield

It’s easy to fall in love
But it’s so hard to break somebody’s heart
What seemed like a good idea
turned into a battlefield

Wow, this is awkward. It’s been almost 2 months since we finished the tour. Exactly two months since I last held her close to me and everything in our relationships went downhill. We weren’t exactly planing on letting Olivia or Wilmer know, but one night, my girlfriend caught us and immediately told Demi's boyfriend and ever since then we’ve been a mess.

I tried to talk to Olivia. I tried to calm her but all she did was slap me. She threw my clothes into my suitcase and that’s it. It was over between us before it had even really begun.

As far as i know, Demi was the one who ended things with Wilmer. I wasn’t entirely sure what happened between them when we got home, but someone told me she immediately broke up with him because of me.

This was all so fucked up. Everything started when we first rehearst together and Demi spend the night because she was too tired to drive home. Just like the old days, we laid in bed together, cuddling, watching movies. It wasn’t something we thought about too much because it came so naturally. And holding her felt right.

But soon that innocent night as friends turned into something else and the next morning we woke up next to each other naked. Even though I tried to convince myself it was a one time thing, it happened over and over again.

In her tourbus, backstage in the dressing room, after rehearsels when nobody was around…and often it wasn’t just about sex. Sometimes we would just sit together and cuddle, kissing each other passionately every now and then.

I knew I was dangerously close to falling for my best friend. And that’s exactly what I did. I fell in love with Demi and when we had sex again, I let her know.

I whispered into her ear and I was prepared for everything, except for her to return these feelings.

But all of this didn’t matter. Our relationships were fucked up and over and somehow we ended up in a fight as well. About whether or not this is going to work between us, or if this is really what we want.

So long story short, I lost both, my girlfriend and my best friend and it hurt. Falling in love was so easy, but there was always someone who ended up heartbroken and that’s probably the hardest part.

Now I was standing here and after all these memories rushed through my mind, I finally found the strength to talk.

"H-Hi…", I said and smiled a little at her. She was still so beautiful. She’s always been.

"Hey."; she said and smiled back, pushing her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket. "How are you?", Demi asked and bit her lower lip, something that turned me on whenever she would do it while performing.

"Good." That’s all I had to say to her? I wasn’t good at all. I was a mess and I missed her more than anything. Not just as a lover, but as a best friend.

"You’re lying, Nicholas.", she said calmly and I sighed, nodding. She knew me better than anyone else does. The urge to kiss her grew with every passing second, but I couldn’t.

"Yeah, you’re right. I don’t feel good.", I said and took a deep breath. "I-I miss you. Whatever we had…I miss it. And I don’t wanna let you go."

The pink-haired girl in front of me cleared her throat. “We thought it was a good idea to do it…and look where it led us. You lost Olivia, I lost Wilmer and we lost each other. Do you really thing we can go back?”, she asked and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"We could at least try? Because…These last two months, I realized once again how much I really love you."

Demi wipped away her tears and took a step closer to me. “I love you, too.”, she said and pulled me into a gently, passionate kiss. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy. Not with the public and not with Olivia or Wilmer, but I was willing to try. Because someone’s gotta have the courage to clean up this battlefield we left behind.