Let me be your hero

Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?
Would you run, and never look back?
Would you cry, if you saw me crying?
And would you save my soul, tonight?

Grammy Awards 2018 Aftershow Party:

"May I have this dance?", Demi looked up and her eyebrow rose as she saw who was standing next to her, holding out his hand. They haven't seen each other for over a year. After their relationship crumbled and she decided to focus on herself, she never heard from him again. It was definitely a surprise to see him here. Sure she knew he'd be invited as well, after all they were both still in the business and there was a chance of running into each other every now and then, but she hoped she could avoid a confrontation for as long as possible. Demi took a deep and shaky breath. He was still so handsome. He still took her breath away and made her knees weak. Why did she have to feel like this around him? Their break up was the best decision...or at least that's what she thought. "Uh, I-...", she mumbled and Nick's curled up into a smirk. "Come on, Demi. Just you and me. Just this one time.", he said so softly that Demi could feel her heart melting. Fuck this. Why does he have to be like this? Demi pressed her lips together and looked around. Everyone seemed to be busy and she couldn't really think of an excuse not to, so she took his hand and as soon as their skin touched, she felt like her body was set on fire.

Demi stood up and Nick led her to the dance floor. One of his hand took hers while his other moved around her body and rested on her lower back. He pulled her a little closer, his temple resting against hers as they began to move to the slow melody of the music. The singer swallowed hard, her heart pounding in her chest. She rested her chin on his shoulder and held onto him as they seemed to merge into one as the beat of the music took over their bodies. She couldn't deny the fact that it felt good to be this close to him. She could feel his warmth, she could smell his cologne...her favorite cologne. She loved it whenever he wore it. Demi closed her eyes and breathed him in, feeling him slowly burying his face into her neck. It felt so right. It felt so familiar. She felt safe.

Nick slowly pulled back and looked into her eyes, his lips only inches away from hers. "I miss you.", he whispered and Demi felt like someone knocked the air out of her lungs. She licked her lips a little, her eyes wandering down to his lips. She could feel his breath against her skin and her mind was racing. "Come with me.", he whispered and laced their fingers, guiding her through the crowded dance floor and towards the back door. Demi held onto her dress as Nick began to run with her. She could barely keep up with him. The singer had no idea where he was leading her, but she didn't really care. They ran around the next corner and Nick pressed her against a wall, his lips immediately finding hers for a passionate kiss.

Demi couldn't stop it. She didn't want to stop it. It felt amazing. "Nick...", she mumbled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. The young man pulled back and looked at her. "I need you.", he said quietly and Demi could tell by the expression on his face that he meant it. This wasn't some "I need you because I'm horny as fuck."- kind of shit. No, this was Nick telling her that he really needed her in his life. "I need you with me 24/7. I can't go one without you.", he said and Demi could tell how emotional he got. "Please...please give us one more chance.", he asked and Demi swallowed down the lump in her throat.

Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?
Would you laugh? Oh please tell me this
Now would you die, for the one you love?
Hold me in your arms, tonight

Nick's hotel room:

It didn't take long and Nick already opened Demi's dress. It fell down to the floor and Demi swallowed hard. She could see the adoration and love in Nick's eyes. Nobody ever looked at her the way he did. Nobody ever worshipped her body the way he did. Nobody ever touched her the way he did. He made her feel all kinds of beautiful. Nick checked her from head to toe and his smile couldn't be bigger. "You're so unbelievable beautiful.", he said quietly before he cupped her cheeks and kissed her again. The brunette pushed his jacked off his shoulder and her fingertips moved over his strong arms. She could feel his muscles moving and it made her smile. She remembered all the times she laid in his arms, how protective he was and how she knew nothing could happen to her whenever he was around. He was her knight in shining armor...expect there was no armor.