Remember When?

A smile creeped up on her face as she walked passed the stage backstage and heard him playing the piano. The venue was empty, nobody else was around and it happened every now and then that he would just sit there and played some music.

Demi slowly walked up onto the stage, careful not to distract him in any way as she heard him humming along with the notes he was playing.

He was such a talented musician. Not only did he have an amazing voice, he was a great piano player, a fantastic guitarist and a wonderful songwriter. He always put so many emotions and passion into his songs.

"Is that a new one?", Demi asked and Nick immediately turned around, smiling at her. "Y-Yeah…well, kind of. I’ve had this melody in my head for years now and didn’t really know what to do with it. I still don’t.", he said and ran his fingers over the piano again.

The pink-haired girl walked over to him and sat down on the little bench as well, playing some notes herself.

She felt his glance on her and smiled a little. “And that? Is that new as well?”, he asked and smirked.

Demi chuckled. “No, that was just random.”, she said and took a deep breath, looking around. It still amazed her that she was capable to fill every singe seat just because of her music.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Demi sighed and looked at him. “It’s just…you know, sometimes I feel like I’m in a dream and I’m so scared to wake up one day. I don’t want any of this to end.”, she said and Nick placed his hand on her shoulder.

"This is not a dream, Demi. This is real. You’re performing in front of thousands of people and you deserve it.", he said and kissed her shoulder.

Demi chuckled a little. “Remember when we had the exact same conversation after our very first concert together?”

Nick frowned. He thought for a moment and then it clicked. She was right. Only a few years ago, they were in the exact same situation. Demi was on tour with him and his brothers and she felt like she was dreaming that time as well.

"Damn, you’re right.", he said and laughed a little. "We sat at the piano together as well"

Demi nodded and bit her lower lip. “Yeah. We did. And we talked for hours and played together and…”

Nick swallowed hard. He remembered every detail of that day. “I remember. I fell in love with you that day.”, he smiled and blushed a little.

Demi chuckled and grabbed his hand. “Me, too. And I still am.” The singer leaned over and kissed his lips gently before getting up. “Are you gonna come with me or?”

Nick took a deep breath and shook his head. “No…I-I wanna stay here a little bit longer. I think now I know what I can use that melody for.”

Demi smirked and licked her lips. “Okay…let me be the first one to hear the song when you’re done.”

Nick smiled at her. “Definitely.”

He never knew if he could ever make something good out of it, but it didn’t take long and soon, he wrote yet another song about Demi…

"Remember when"