Pouring Rain

The one thing I’ll never forget is the way her expression changed after I told her what happened. I hated to be that type of guy and I always promised myself I won’t turn into that sort of douchebag, but here I am.

Demi just wanted to come over and spend time with me, her boyfriend, her best friend. Little did she know that I’d turn out to be yet another guy who breaks her heart. But I think it would’ve been much worse if I would’ve kept it a secret and she would’ve found out differently.

"You’re lying…", she whispered, tears slowly filling her eyes. "Look at me and tell me your lying, Nicholas!" I flinched a little as her voice got louder all of a sudden and looked to the ground, ashamed of myself.

"I-I wish I could, Demi. I’m sorry.", I said and swallowed hard as I saw the tears rolling down her cheek. She didn’t deserve this.

"You promised me that there’d never be another woman, Nick. You promised me to be faithful and you promised that I’m the only one for you.", her voice cracked and it broke my heart to see her like this.

"Demi, baby…"

"Don’t fucking baby me!", she screamed and slapped my hand away as I tried to reach out to her. "I should’ve known. Nobody would last a lifetime with me. It’s fine, I should get used to it.", she said and grabbedher jacket before rushing over to the door.

"Demi, wait!", I said and followed her out into the pouring rain. She ran her hand through her wet hair, still making her way to her car. "Demi!"

I caught up with her and grabbed her wrists, quickly turning her around to look at me. Even though we were both soaking wet at this point, I could see the tears in her eyes and on her cheeks.

"I know I fucked up, Demi. And you have every right to hate me for what I did, but please let me explain."

Demi clenched her teeth. “Explain? What do you want to explain, Nick? That you didn’t want to? That it meant nothing? You slept with your ex…there’s nothing to explain about it.”

She was right. I couldn’t possibly explain this to anyone. “Hey, I-I went to see Olivia after our fight to have someone who’d listen to me, okay? I needed to get it all off my chest and Olivia was always a good listener.”

The look on Demi’s face changed form hurt and anger to disbelief. “So it’s my fault you fucked her? Are you saying it’s my fault, that I ushed you into the arms of someone else? Is that what you mean by it?” At this point, she punched my chest and pushed me away from her as she screamed at me.

What did I expect? It’s not like what I said would make things better. “Demi…Demi, hey, stop…stop.”, I said and grabbed her arms as she collapsed against my chest, sobbing.

I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight, feeling even worse than before. “I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry, Demi. I love you!”, I said, barely loud enough for her to hear.

the rain was still soaking us and I could barely see anything. My girlfriend was lying in my arms, sobbing because I broke her heart and I knew I would do anything to make it up to her, to gain her trust back and to prove to her that I love her and no one else. Even if it takes a life time.