Pouring Rain Part 2

I had no idea how I managed to get her inside. We were standing in the pouring rain for several minutes until she was too exhausted to drive anywhere herself and I decided to drag her inside.

As much as I wanted to talk to her, I couldn’t. I couldn’t because she wouldn’t even look at me as soon as we got inside and I couldn’t because…hell, what was I supposed to say?

Demi immediately walked into the guest room and laid down on the bed, her back turned to the door as I looked into the room. I sighed a little and bit my lower lip. Maybe I should just let her rest.

She didnt even bother taking of her wet clothes and I didn’t want to say anything right now because I knew it would only end in another fight. I was just glad she wasnt on the road right now. It would’ve probably ended badly.

Running my hands through my wet hair, I made my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower and get into some warm and dry clothes again before heading to my bedroom.

It was weird knowing that Demi was next door and not beside me. The last two years, there’s barely been a night she didn’t sleep next to me and I had a hard time falling asleep.

The next morning, I woke up and rubbed my eyes, realizing that everything that happened the night before wasn’t a bad dream. The woman I loved more than anything wasn’t next to me.

I took a deep breath and stood up, walking into the kitchen. As I passed the guest room, I looked inside carefully, finding Demi still sleeping with tear-stained cheeks.

I so badly wanted to climb in next to her and hold her close to me, telling her that she’s the only one for me, but I knew she’s jump up and leave so I just went to make some coffee.

About 10 minutes later, I heard light footsteps and when I turned around, Demi looked at me with red and puffy eyes, her arms wrapped around her small figure.

"H-Hey.", I said and gave her a small smile. "Uhm…do you want a coffee?", I asked and hoped the atmosphere between us would stop being so awkward. But as the minutes passed and she just sat across from me, sipping on her cup every now and then, the awkwardness just grew.

"Demi, I-…"

"We’re done."

I looked at her, my lips parted as I wanted to say smoething, but I had no idea what.

"D-Demi…Hey, w-we can talk about this. I mean…I know I fucked up, but please dont give up on us.", I begged and reahced over, squeezing her hand gently.

She looked down on our hands before pulling hers away and standing uo. “Theres nothing to talk about and I think you already gave up on us when you decided to fuck your ex.”

Her voice was cold and it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I wanted to cry, I wanted to fall down on my knees in front of her and beg her to stay.

"For years, I thought you were the greatest man. You were ym best friend, you mad eme believe in trust and love, you treated me like a complete gentleman…and now? I never thought you could betray me like this, Nick."

Tears streamed down her face again and I swallowed down the knot in my throat, still fighting my own tears as I watched her face, fill with hurt and anger.

"You promised me you will never break my heart. After everything Ive been through, you were the last person I expected to do this to me.", she said and her voice cracked at the end.

I stood up and walkedover to her. “Demi…I love you. I love you so much, please just give me one more chance, please!”, I said and now it was my turn to cry. I wasn’t someone who’d cry easily, but this killed me.

"I-I’m sorry, Nick…I can’t.", she said and rushed passed me and slammed the door behind her after she left.

She was gone now. She broke up with me. I fucked up. Seems like she decided to let go of the man who was not worth a second chance.