Marry Me?

The sunlight hit his face as he heard someone pulling back the curtains. He groaned a little and turned away from the window, burying his face into the pillow.

"Get up." He heard his brother opening the window so he would get some fresh air in here and groaned even more. "Can’t you just leave me alone?", he mumbled into the pillow and the next thing he felt was Joe pulling away his blanket.

"I’m tired of it, Nicholas! Get up and start picking up the pieces of your relationship instead of lying in bed all day.", Joe said and threw his jeans and a t-shirt at him.

Nick looked up and rubbed his eyes a little. Why couldn’t he just leave him alone and let him suffer in his misery? Was that too much to ask?

"Why? It’s not like I can change much anyways."; Nick said and sat up on the edge of the bed, burying his face into his hands before running them through his curls.

Joe crossed his arms in front of his chest and clenched his teeth. He knew it was hard for Nick, but ignoring it wouldn’t help any of them. In fact, it would make things even worse.

"Nick…I know you’re hurt and sad and maybe even angry, but this is not my brother. My brother never gave up on the things he loved. Especially not when Demi was involved, so you better get up and move your ass over to hers to talk to her again."

Joe was right, Nick knew that, but it wasn’t that easy. It’s been three days and her words still repeated in his head over and over again. He wasn’t sure if he’d ever forget them, even if things would get better between him and Demi.

"Easy for you to say. You’re not the one who made a fool of himself.", Nick said and pulled the shirt over his head before getting up to put on his jeans as well.

Joe sighed a little. He stepped closer to Nick and put his hands on his little brother’s shoulders. “Hey, bro…look at me.”

Nick looked up and swallowed hard.

"I know it’s hard. I mean…she said no as you proposed to her and then ran away and didn’t really contact you ever since…"

"Yeah, rub it in my face again, Joseph. That’ll help.", NIck said sarcastically and pulled away, walking out of the room and into the kitchen to get a coffee.

Blanda sat at the table and looked up from her phone, smiling at Nick. “Look who we have here…”, she said and pushed a cup of coffee over to him. “Here. I already got you a coffee.”

Nick forced a smiled and sat down. He grabbed the cup and took a sip before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. What was he supposed to do?

"Are you gonna talk to her?", Blanda asked and squeezed his arm gently. She was really supportive of him and Demi right from the beginning and so was Joe.

He had to. He wanted to. Nick missed her so much and he wanted to know why she said no, why she didn’t want to marry him. They talked about it before and Demi always seemed like she couldn’t wait to get married.

After a few more minutes and some little small talks that were a pretty great distraction, Nick decided to do something to save his relationship. He got up and grabbed hi keys before heading down to his car. He knew she wouldn’t be home.

In situation like this, whenever they’d fight or something else in their relationship would go wrong, she would be at Marissa’s and that’s exactly where he found her car.

The singer walked up to the door and knocked, tapping from one foot on the other nervously.

"Nick…h-hey.", Marissa said as she opened the door and Nick smiled a little.

"Hey, uhm…is Demi here? I-I really need to talk to her.", he said and bit his lower lip nervously.

Marissa swallowed and licked her lips before nodding. She stepped aside and let Nick in, closing the door behind her. “She’s in the living room. I-I’m gonna leave you two alone.”, she said and patted his shoulder before disappearing in her bedroom.

Nick took a deep breath and walked into the living room, finding Demi sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket and her eyes focused on the tv.

"Who was that, Riss? Don’t tell me that was that creepy dude from las-…", Demi stopped as she looked up and saw Nick standing in the door, smiling at her.

The brunette got up. “N-Nick…”, she said and ran her hand through her hair. He could see in her face that she was embarrassed of what she did to him and that it hurt her probably just as much as it hurt him.

"Can we talk?", Nick asked calmly and buried his hands on his pockets. Demi looked onto the floor, playing with her fingers nervously. She didn’t know what to say really.

"I’m sorry.", she whispered and Nick saw tears building up in her eyes. It made him want to walk up to her, hold her, kiss her and tell her that everything was going to be okay. He wanted to forget what happened between them.

"Don’t be…I-I just want to…", Nick sighed. "I just want to know why? I want to know if I did something wrong or if there was something wrong with the way I asked. Please just explain it to me, Demi because I’m freaking out.", he said and swallowed down his ow tears that he’d hold back for so long.

Demi sniffed a little and sat back down. Nick sat down next to her and looked on the floor between his feet.

"I love you, Nick. More than anything. There’s no one I’d rather spend the rest of my life with than you, but…"

There was a but. Great…there was something wrong and Nick was scared it would be something he couldn’t change.

"I’m scared. Not that you’ll hurt me or that you couldn’t love me enough because I know you do. I’m scared that I’m gonna be the one who’ll hurt you. I-I’m scared that this is all gonna be too much for you. My insecurities, my moods, my issues…"

Nick looked at her and frowned. “Demi…what are you talking about?”, he said and took her hand in his, looking at her. “How could you possibly thing that it’ll be too much? Hey, we’ve been best friends for years, we’ve been together for two years…You know I can handle it. We’ve done everything together.”, he said and smiled a little.

"There’s no one else I want to be with. I want you. All your flaws and mood swings and issues…I want to be the one who helps you through all of that.", he said and Demi looked up to him, tears rolling down her cheek.

She sniffed again and wipped them away before taking a deep breath. “Can you ask me again?”, she said and it took Nick a moment to realize what she meant.

"W-What?", he asked and looked at him with his eyes wide open.

"Ask me again.", she said and swallowed down the knot in her throat. Nick opened his mouth to say something, but he couldn’t. He slowly got down on one knee in front of the couch and took her hand.

"But…the ring, I-…"

"Screw the ring, Nick! Just ask!"

The singer took a deep breath and licked his lips before clearing his throat. “Okay…”, he said and all of a sudden, his heart was beating so fast inside of his chest that he was almost positive she could hear it.

"Demetria Devonne Lovato…will you marry me?", he asked and the second till she answered felt like hours.

Demi smiled through her tears and nodded. “Yes. Yes, I will marry you.”; she said and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him passionately.

This was their relationship…this was always how it works. They’d get into a fight, but in the end Nick knew that there was always going to be a happy end for them.