chapter 2

The flashing lights were blinding as I stood in the artificially lightened room posing for what seemed like a thousand cameras. I was doing a photoshoot for the spring fashion for Teen Vouge and I was more than uncomfortable.

"Ella, your looking a bit stiff and awkward. Loosen up a bit will ya?" Lisa, the photographer squeaked. God, she is so fake.

I muttered a small "sorry" and changed my position so my right hand was falling freely at my side and my left hand was resting lighty on my left hip. The floral skater dress I was wearing was far too short for my liking, just covering my butt, and the curls in my hair had way too much hairspray, causing my hair to be stiff.

"Stand a diffrent way, that pose is so overused." One of the tier photographers yelled to me. I stood on the tip of my converse with my dress flared around me.

Flash a smile, that's what they want.

They got a few more pictures in and then I was finally done.

"And" Brian said dragging out the 'a' "we're done! Ella go ahead and head home. Your next shoot is Tuesday at 11 sharp. Don't forget! Bye bye now, you too Anna." Brian said hugging me and kissing both of my cheeks.

"Bye, Brian. Have a good weekend!" We both yelled.

As we walked out of the studio I checked the time on my phone to see if Emily's book shop has closed. Miranda's dance class was closed due to her choreographer having her baby.

"Anna call Emily, I'll see if Miranda can hang out tonight. A girls night would be nice." I said to Anna hopping in the taxi.

While Anna was on the phone with Emily I was texting Miranda.

I turned to look at Anna the same time she turned to me.

"Emily's on her way to your apartment." Anna chirped, "and she's bringing 'a crap ton of food.'"

"Miranda should be there in a few!" I squealed.

it was really rare for all of us to get together due to out busy schedules and Miranda and Anna's serious relationships with their boyfriends.

"I'm so excited." Anna sighed.

"Me too."

Stepping into my apartment, I heard giggles and the crunching of chips from my living room and intently knew that Emily and Miranda were here. Anna and I both sprinted to see them and engulfed in a massive group hug.

"I've missed you guys." Emily sighed as we all threw ourselves onto the fluffy couch.

Emily is the sweet one, never letting anyone down and crazy adorable.

"Same." Anna, Miranda and I muttered.

"It's hard not being with my girls" Miranda giggled.

Miranda is the fierce one. Fabulous and beautiful in every way.

"My losers." Anna yelled at the ceiling.

I don't even know what Anna is, the weird one? Definetly the crazy one.

We all sat on the floor bundled in blankets in our pajamas while discussing our day with Good Charlotte playing softly in the background.

"Anna how's Luke?" Emily asked sming at Anna.

"Yeah how's the band going?" I added in curiously.

Anna looked down with a smile on her face.

"YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE." We yelled togehter to embarass her.

"Why don't you make fun of Miranda and Ashton?!" Anna squealed, her face tomato red from embarrassment.

"But the band is doing great. They're gonna be real famous, I can tell." Anna said proudly.

We all looked at Miranda.

Miranda looked at us with a 'don't you dare or I'll rip your hair out' look and we all shyed back.

"Emily, didn't you go out with Calum the other day?"

Ashton, Calum, and Luke are in a band with Michael. They're called 5 Seconds of Summer and they're getting pretty big. I've always had a crush on Michael, but I would never ever tell a soul. No one would ever like me.

"Yeah." Emily blushed. "We kissed.

We all screamed. So loud I'm sure the the whole apartment building heard.

The rest of the night consisted of gossiping about everything and anything and stuffing our faces with ice cream and pizza.