I Want to be a Hero (Chp. 38)

~-~-~-~-~

I roll my shoulders, not quite feeling drained yet, despite just fighting Luxord. Was it the new blade? Was I just stronger?

"I can sense Saix. He's using something to boost his power. If we can figure out his power source, we may be able to use it, too." Riku leads our group into a large empty room. Saix is looking through a large multicolored window, he turns to face us with a smirk.

"Only you could have  made it this far in one piece, Roxas."

"This is getting really old."

"Yeah! His name is Sora!" Donald an Goofy stand on either side of Sora, and Blair and I join at each flank, followed by Kairi and Riku. Saix holds a large claymore in his hand, that very suddenly sharpens to a deathly point.

"Different name, same fate." He thrusts his blade, and suddenly we're thrown back, and a light barrier begins to fall from the ceiling.

"Sora!" I crash onto the barrier, but I can go no further. Shit. I had to just watch.

"Might as well get over here, Rea." I sigh and retreat back to Blair, crossing my arms as I stand in front of the infamous Riku and Kairi. Blair wraps her arm around me. "This is Rea. She was with Sora when I showed up." Her eyes widen with realization, and she punches Kairi sharply in the arm.

"Ow! What the heck, Blair?" Blair narrows her eyes.

"We don't go running into random dark portals anymore, reckless girl!" Kairi rolls her eyes and Blair shakes her head. "Anyways. Rea's a friend, a good friend. One of the bravest girls I've ever met." I give her a small smile before looking back to Sora with concern. It seemed like fighting Saix was rough.

"And deeply doting on Sora." Riku's low voice makes me jump a little. I turn to him, a small blush on my face.

"Yeah.. pretty much since I met him." I rub my neck with a smile. "Hard not to get caught up in him, he's pretty heroic."

"How'd you come to travel with them?" Riku crosses his arms and I drop my arm, my smile fading.

"... Heartless started attacking Shady Isle, my home.. and a woman came. Well, I say woman, but she was more of a witch.."

"Maleficent." I looked up. Right, Sora told me on the day we met, Riku had been working with Maleficent.

"Yeah.. and uh, she offered me protection, or well, a weapon to protect my sister and I... I was stupid, and when I accepted it, she took my sister. I should've guessed upon meeting Sora and hearing his story that this weapon that I had was just a dumb decoy, but he made a promise to me that day to help me get my sister back, and I made a promise to help him find you two." I look to Kairi, and then back to Riku. "Just figures I'd fall for the guy on the way, me and my wild heart."

"Did you find her?" Kairi pipes in, and I stare at her a moment before nodding.

"Uh, yeah.. I went and got her from Maleficent myself." Blair raises an eyebrow, wary that I was leaving out a lot of important stuff. "She's safe now, with some friends."

"And your world?" I look up to Riku, my heart dropping again.

"It's fine. Back in place."

"You sound disappointed." My frown is apparent, and I turn again to look at Sora, who has Saix on his knees struggling to stay in the fight.

"I see..."

"We'll be alright." I get a small smile, but my hearts not totally in it. "Love conquers all, right?" Saix fades away and Sora lets out a sigh as he approaches our group again.