Reality*

This was the first time all day I actually felt clean. Warm water and bubbles surrounded me, and it made all the muscles in my body loosen. 

I had been in here, cleaning myself and thinking, for about half an hour now. I had re-thought all the conclusions I came to, because they weren't working well at all. Ignoring Sora just only led everyone to believe I was in a bad mood, and Blair to believe I was in denial.

I couldn't ignore him. That would only make him think I hated him...

What could I do?

Could I just pretend I didn't like him and never let it show? It's been easy for me to ignore sadness for the past few years, I'm sure affection couldn't be that much harder.

"Just try it." I whisper, trying to convince myself of it. It's worth it. Sora really needs friends so he doesn't feel alone on his journey, and the last thing I wanted to do was be so... bitchy-- that they just bring me back to my island. I guess right now, I did seem a little bitchy. The only thing that got me to lighten up was freaking that Yale' girl out, and when we were done I just got right back into a bad mood because of that god-damned Hydra.

With a sigh, I pull out the plug in the drain and stand, grabbing my towel and stepping out of the bathtub. I look in the mirror before shaking my head and slipping out of the bathroom and into my room, dirty clothes in hand.

"This was a nice shirt too." I mumble, tracing my hand over the rip on the shirt. I open my closet door after throwing my clothes in a hamper, pulling out some blue flannel pjs. As I dress myself, I notice the door that linked Sora's room to mine was open, and I could hear Blair and Sora chatting.

"She what?"

"I'm telling you Sora, she likes you." She wasn't...

"How? We've only known each other for a few days!" She was.

"I don't know."

How could she!? After I made such an effort to be nice, I even thought... I went through all this effort to be her friend and she's betraying me?

"Ugh.. I just-- What am I supposed to say to that?" Something that DOESN'T hurt me, maybe? Shit! I just barely decided to NOT pursue him, what the actual fuck did Blair think she was doing?

"Well, I was honestly hoping you'd say some thing along the lines of 'I like her too' but by the look on your face I can tell that isn't happening." I need to get out of this place. I want to go home. I can't face him now-- he knows. "So...?"

"I don't feel the same." I close my eyes and swallow hard, begging my legs to move.

"Is that because of Kairi?"

"No, I just don't really know Rea that well, how could you expect me to like her? She's still basically a stranger!"

"That's it?"

"That's it."

"That's it..." I whisper, my feet finally letting me move. I had ran to the bathroom, shutting the door and leaning against it, letting my knees shake and cause me to fall. "That's it.." I choke out, begging myself not to cry, but feeling it coming. It seemed almost impossible for me to expect anything different, yet somehow I did? I don't know why, I had told myself countless times that it wouldn't work out. In fact, I KNEW I couldn't be with him. So why did it hurt this much?

"Rea? You almost done in the bathroom?" Blair's voice comes from the other side of the door and I quiet myself.

"Almost." I don't think I could've sounded more fine. It was like elementary school all over again, I just acted like nothing was wrong. Except then... I still had hope that things would work out. I had hope that my parents would be home some day.