I Want to be a Hero (Chp.17)

"I get the feeling you'll love this place" Sora smiles brightly at me while sliding his shoes on.

       "Oh?" I stare curiously "Will I have a fin?" He shrugs.

       "We'll see." He looks to Blair, who gives him a small smile. "We're all set then, let's go Donald!" Donald raises his staff and we're transported to a rather dark looking place. I sigh.

       "god, I though I left the dark wastelands." I turn and see Blair smiling at her outfit.

       "Sweeeet~" She was wearing a red shirt that changed to fishnet at her bellybutton and black shorts with a long skirt backing. One rather large black feathered wing jutted out from her back She turns to me and her eyes widen. "AWWWWW! Can I play with them?!" I go to step back as she reaches towards my head.

       "Wait what are you-- mrrrrrr." A low noise emits from my throat and I feel my legs give in with pleasure.

       "Ha! Oh my god, you even act like a cat" My eyes fall to my shoes, now red instead of teal. She stops whatever it was she was doing and pulls a small mirror from her pocket. "Here you go, kitty cat" I direct the mirror to the top of my head. Cat..ears..

       "Where did you say we were?"

       "Halloween tow..n.." We make eye contact for a moment before we both look to see what the other is wearing. He was adorable, he looked like a little kid on Halloween dressed up as a vampire.

       "Nice outfit" He smiles and I note his fangs.

       "You too, kitty cat." I feel my ears twitch and Blair giggles before taking her mirror back and we all head towards the town. As we reach what looks like the main square, a shiver runs up my spine. There were freaky looking toys and decorations EVERYWHERE. Was that garland on a guillotine?

       "Hey.. this IS Halloween Town, right?" Sora asks, looking around.

       "Well, it sure does look like Hallowee..Wha?!" Donald finally takes in the surroundings and I smirk. they look all around a small dog looking thing floats in the gates behind us. It barks and Sora, Donald, and Goofy jump. I feel my smile fade as I look at it, my mouth opens and I let out a small hiss. The dog barks again and Sora smiles brightly at it.

       "Hey Zero! How ya been boy?" I growl at the attention he was getting from Sora and Blair smirks at me.

       "Oh, shut up.." I mutter. Bells ring through the air and Goofy points up to the sky.

       "It's Jack!" If it wasn't enough that there was a guillotine, I now see a skeleton.. in a trashcan sleigh.. led by three skeleton reindeer. Is that even possible? Like, the cat ears could have been a freak mutant accident, but this was.. living dead. There's just no way.

       "Sora! Donald! Goofy! Welcome back, and Merry Christmas!" Maybe not so merry..

       "Uh.. don't you mean Happy Halloween?" Sora asks curiously and the skeleton bows.

       "Of course of course! Halloween greetings from Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king!" Pumpkin king, eh? Pretty sweet name. "Forgive me, I'm in a Christmas mood. You see-- I'm running the show again this year, But I need Sandy Claws' blessing, so I'm off to Christmas Town." Sora raises an eyebrow.

       "Sandy Claws?" I laugh.

       "I think he means Santa Claus" I whisper and Sora nods.

       "Aren't these decorations wonderful? This year Halloween Town's going to handle Christmas too! But first! We have to visit Sally. She's working on something no self-respecting Santa Claus can do without. Come along---I'll show you!" I stare around at the decorations again, seeing a toy duck with razor sharp teeth, the freakiest looking jack in the boxes to date, and squawking skeleton reindeer.