Chapter 17

* 8 weeks later*

Kristyn's POV

Kaylyn is now 8 weeks old and she is the sweetest kid ever. She is already sleeping through the night and only wakes up when she wants to eat. Since Kaylyn is already 8 weeks old, I only got 8 weeks for maturity leave from work which means that I have to go back to work tomorrow but Taylor said that she can hang out with Kaylyn while i'm at work. Niall's also staying home for a little while longer and he's just going to write songs for his next album. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow I just want to stay home with my baby.

* The next day *

When my alarm went off and I got up and got ready for work. Kaylyn was already up and ready to eat. I fed her and then went to get my scrubs on. I woke Niall up after I was ready and he got up and grabbed Kaylyn out of her bassinet and got her ready and changed her diaper. I gave him a kiss on the lips and I told him to bring Kaylyn up at lunch time so that I can show her off. He said ok and I left.

Niall's POV

After Kristyn left for work I went down to my office with Kaylyn and I put Kaylyn in her swing and grabbed my guitar and started singing some songs off my next album to Kaylyn and she loved them. She just cooed and just reached up to me. I checked my phone and noticed that it was almost lunch time and I know that Kristyn wanted me to bring Kaylyn up to her work so she could show her off. I got Kaylyn out of her swing and into her car seat and put her in the car. I told Taylor that I was heading to Kristyn's work to bring Kaylyn so that she could show Kaylyn off. She said ok and I headed to the car and headed down to Kristyn's office. I got there a few minutes later and grabbed Kaylyn out of her car seat and brought her inside. Kristyn's receptionist said she was finishing up with a patient and would be out shortly. A few minutes later Kristyn came out of the room she was in and came up to Kaylyn and I. She grabbed Kaylyn out of my arms and went to show her off to people. She also went into the back room to feed her real quick then she told me something that I didn't want to hear right now.

Kristyn's POV

When I got to work this morning, I was looking through files and I came across Niall's file and it says that he was overdue for his 6 month cleaning and exam. I just decided that since Niall's coming in with Kaylyn at lunch time I would just tell him the news then.

* Lunch Time*

I was finishing up with a patient when my receptionist said that Niall was here. I told her that I would be right up after I finished with this patient. I finished the patient I was working with then went up to the front to see Niall and my baby. I took Kaylyn from Niall and I took Kaylyn into the back room where I fed her and ate my lunch. I told Niall that I came across his file and that he was overdue for his 6-month cleaning and exam. I asked him if I could give him a quick cleaning and exam, and at first he didn't want to but he knows not to argue with me but he finally gave in and I asked my hygentist, and good friend, if she could watch Kaylyn while I gave Niall a quick exam. She said yes and took Kaylyn from me while I took Niall to an exam room and asked him to sit in the chair. He compromised and I got the tools ready and got my gloves and mask on. I asked Niall to open and he did. I checked his teeth and all I saw was 4 cavities that needed to be filled. I gave him a quick cleaning and then I told him the news.

K- Kristyn, N- Niall

K- OK babe.

N- Yeah?

K- You have 4 cavities that need to be filled.

N- Wait what?

K- Yeah, and you know how it is. You've been through too many procedures before.

N- Yeah true. Just get it over with babe.

K- That's what i'm doing right now.

*End of Convo*

I got the tools ready and got Niall prepped. I ask him to open and I noticed he was scared a little bit and I asked him if he wanted me to use the Laughing Gas because it would calm him down a little bit. He nodded his head yes and I got the tank and put the nub on his nose and waited a few mins to make sure it was working. I got him to open his mouth and I put the numbing jelly on the teeth that had the cavities and let them sit for a few mins then took them out. I asked Niall to open up and he did. I told him that a needle was going in and I pulled back his check and gently poked the needle in. I repeated that same thing 3 more time then got started with filling his cavities.

~After the procedure~
After I finished the procedure, I took the nub off of Niall's nose and sat him up. I helped him up and went to grab Kaylyn off my hygentist. I put Kaylyn in her car seat and put her in the car then helped Niall into the car because he was a little loopy from the laughing gas. I climbed in the drivers seat and headed home with Niall and Kaylyn. I love my life right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys !

I decided to update 2 chapters because I'm a Senior in High School and I'm exempt from
my 3rd period exam and so I didn't have to take it. So I just decided to update 2 chapters since I had time to.