Chapter 24

You all didn't get far before you saw Eggman. 

" You never fail to surprise me, sonic. I didn't believe Infinite could lose." 

" You're sick, that phantom ruby nearly killed him!" 

" Don't think It's over yet, you blue nuisance. My plan just went into over drive!" He takes his leave. 

" What ever, (Y/n) head back with the others and take care of Infinite. Rookie, you go with her!" 

" Ok sonic." You all part ways.

" Sonic, the phantom ruby is moving underground. Eggman is up to something again."

" The doctor hasn't given up, Don't let your guard down yet."

" Guys, keep an eye out, (y/n)'s coming back to help and she has a little someone with her, so try to help out ok."

" Alright?" Knuckles said in confusion. Everyone stood silent, not sure what he could have meant by that, And who this person can be.

" We have to find the entrance to the central tower and stop Eggman." While sonic was trying to find his way to central tower, You and the rookie looked for the others.

" Over there!" He points and you saw them. They all had taken out every last enemy. You both run over to them. Amy could hear footsteps and she turned around, seeing you coming their way. She gasps and runs over to both of you. She wraps her arms around the rookie. 

"Oof !" 

" You did it !, I'm so proud of you!!!" Sh e begins to lift him up off the ground. 

" Easy Amy your gonna kill him."

" Thanks Amy, but you can put me down now. " He struggles to say. She then notices that Infinite is on your back.

" *Gasp*!" She drops him and she put both of her hands over her mouth.

" Is that?..."  You look back at him.

" Ya."  She slowly removes her hands away from her face.

" Is he?...?"

" No, He's just unconscious."

" Oh." 

 The rookie regains his breath and stands up. You pull him off your shoulder and hold him in your arms. You sit down on your knees. Amy steps closer with caution.

" Oh my, He's bleeding!" She pulls out a small rag and she slowly sets it against his chest.

" His wound isn't severe, the bleeding should stop soon."

" Amy, (y/n), Rookie!" Knuckles stops once he saw Infinite. 

"You're crazy!, out him down!" You giggle form his reaction. Amy looks back.

" Relax knuckles, He's unconscious."

" Ya, there's no reason for panic, commander!" Knuckles has a worried look on his face as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Sigh, if you say so..." He said unsure, so he kept his distance. The other soon caught up and saw what was going on.  

" (y/n), rookie!" You look up.

" Oh god, Shadow and Silver are coming over here."

" It's ok, I've got your back." She assured you. She stands up and takes out her hammer.

" Amy, what are you doing?!"

" Just in case."

Espio stops next to knuckles once he noticed Infinite.

"Unbelievable, his is-... What are you doing with him!?" 

"Nothing, were just helping him." Amy answers for you.

"Woah!" Charmy didn't seem scared but more amazed.

"Is he... gone?"  Espio asked.

"No, just unconscious, see?" You lift Infinite's hand in the air and wave it around as if he was saying "hi."

"Cool." Charmy comes closer.

" Good, when he wakes up I can knock him out again." Shadow threatened.

" I'm in." Shadow and silver fist bump.

" Hey!"

" Silver , No one is hurting him, understood, we need to respect (y/n) decision to help him!"

" Sonic will explain everything that happened."

"Will that be before or after he kills us?" Silver asked sarcastically.

" Silver!" Amy yelled. You hold Infinite closer to you. You could feel his heart beat close to yours. Vector steps closer. 

"What does he look like?" He asked through Amy's and Silver's arguing.

" I'm afraid I can't tell you that. He's comfortable with other people seeing his face."

" Hmm, have you seen his face?" You stood quiet and so did Amy and silver to hear what your answer was.

" Yes..." 

" Wow really?!"

" Well, I guess he really does trust you."

While all of you were talking the Rookie was looking in the distance, thinking of sonic.

" Sonic...I...I need to help sonic.'' He sneaks away and makes his way back to sonic.