Day 26: Rest [Kavi]

Avi eye's opened widening.

Ache hit his head like crazy. 

He pushed himself up by the little energy he had. 

He saw red. And black.

Hot as Hell.

Avi took off his leather jacket, threw it to aside.

"Hot, right? I know. Heat covers this place 365 days a year.", a voice greeted him.

He turned to the voice. A female voice. And, of course, from a female.

There was a woman sat on her throne on the left of his position. Her throne was also black, like everything there. On her head was something like a crown. It was sharp but royally. 

Avi finally got on his feet successful.

"I really don't know why you are here. Your name is not in the resting list." the woman left her seat, walked to him. She wore a long black dress, what was astounding. But the dark still covered her face.

Avi didn't move. He said, almost like a whisper, "Who are you? Where is this? How long have I been here?"

"Oh, right. You don't remember anything, I see." the voice came closer to him, and finally some dim lights came to her face.

That was a young woman, and maybe even younger than him. She was beautiful. Pretty. Pretty young thing. She was shorter than him. Her hair was blonde and black, mixing together. He could see a little glimpse of red disappeared in her eyes and left them brown.

Familiar.

"What the hell...", Avi backed off a bit, and the woman chuckled a bit.

"You are right, Avi. This is Hell. Welcome.", and she grabbed his collar, tiptoed to peck him on his cheek. And she slapped him. "But you are early! I don't like it."

She turned away, resentfully came back to her throne. Avi, really didn't know what was happening, chased her, "Wait, Kirstie, I'm sorry!"

"Wh-- What did you just call me?", the woman stopped her steps, her eyes laid on him again.

"I just... Kirstie? I guess?"

"Well," a smirk creeped on her lips, "Now I know where to start our story. Please sit."

She snapped her finger and a big armchair fell right behind him. Jumped by surprise at first but Avi sat down anyway, his eyes never left the mysterious woman sitting on her own throne. He took a moment to look around. The place was hot. He could see flames burning here and there. There was things looked like skulls laid on the ground, and Avi tried his best not to throw up right there. He moved his eyes to the woman again.

She smiled gently, "Sorry. Not a place for you. Totally a bad one for a rest."

"Where is this?"

"Hell. I told you. This is Hell. Do you remember who you are?"

"I do.", he replied quietly, "I'm Avi Kaplan. I am killed by a bear in my hunting trip. Right on Christmas, I was enjoying my resting days."

"Bear?", she raised an eyesbrow.

He shrugged, "Yea?"

"URG, SCOTT! I told him not to bring you down here soon and yet he doesn't listen to me!", she shouted frustratingly.

"Mind if I ask who is Scott?"

"Scott the Cupid. The love angel.", she replied, "Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm gonna give back your life right now. It's not the time for you to take the rest yet. Hell is like a waiting room. People take a rest before turn to angels or humans again. Restroom, you may say."