Chapter 13

"Oh god, I look fucking stupid." I said, looking in the mirror. "This skirt is ridiculously tight."

Lilah stood behind me. "Jesus Ana, you look gorgeous."

"No, it's stupid, these shoe's." I looked down at the heels, I swore I would never wear.

"Well unfortunately in this instance Ana, heels are a necessity, unless you wanna look at his stomach all night."

"Your short jokes are getting tired Lilah." Oh god, I couldn't do this. "I can't do this, I think I'm going to be sick."

"Jesus Ana, it's only a date, you've been on plenty before."

I looked at Lilah. Dear god, I was definitely going to be sick.

"Ana, please tell me you've been on a date before? And Jacob doesn't count."

I shook my head "Only Jacob."

"Fuck Ana, are you serious, only Jacob. Well what about, well you know."

She started fiddling with my hair.

"No, what Lilah?"

"Sex Ana, sex. Have you, you know, been with anyone else?"

"Oh fuck Lilah, what am I doing, I hadn't even thought of that." I was on the verge of passing out.

"Seriously, only Jacob, god. And calm down, Matt isn't going to ravish your body, well at least not tonight."

She was grinning.

"This isn't funny."

"You'll be fine. I'm going, call me when you get back." She kissed my cheek "And Ana, he's a really nice guy, honestly, so relax and have fun."

She left and I sat down on the couch and waited, and started thinking. I had only ever dated Jacob and he was the only guy I'd ever slept with, this whole thing was a new experience to me and I was so nervous.

I heard a car pull up and before I heard the knock I quickly checked myself over again. I took a deep breath and opened the door, smiling.

He was absolutely gorgeous.  What the fuck was I doing?

"Hey, you ready?" he asked me smiling.

I nodded, grabbed my purse and closed the door behind me.

"You look really nice." he said opening the car door for me.

I got in and he walked around and got in his side.

"As opposed to my jeans and boots?" Which was pretty much all he'd ever seen me in.

"What? No, you look nice in those too."

I was trying not to blush "Aww thanks, that's sweet."

And everything went downhill from there.

At dinner, I struggled to keep up the conversation, and on more than one occasion I swear Matt had a get me out of here look on his face. The best thing was the movies, we didn't have to talk at all and at the end of the night, oh god I cringe everytime I think about it, we stood on my steps awkwardly.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked opening the door.

"Oh no, it's fine, I'm pretty tired."

Oh no, rejection.

"Well thanks Matt, I had a nice time."

"Yeah, me too." Lies. "I'll call you." More lies.

I stood on the steps and watched him drive away. I, as usual, had ruined everything, he was a really nice guy, and my awkwardness had ruined it.

I went upstairs and got changed. I should probably call Lilah and tell her the bad news.

It rang twice before she answered. "How was it?"

"Oh Lilah it was horrible, the worse night of my life."