Chapter 21

I looked around my kitchen, yes I had everything organised. It was Friday night and Matt was coming for dinner. I hadn't seen him since Monday, but we'd spoken on the phone everyday. I was nervous as usual, but trying to stay calm.

I'd had dinner with Lilah during the week, her and Jimmy were still broken up and I planned on speaking to Matt about it tonight, Lilah just wasn't herself without Jim.

There was a knock and I opened the door, he stood looking incredibly handsome as usual.

"Hi." I was really happy to see him.

"Hi." He said walking in, he leant over and brushed his lips across mine. "How are you?"

"Good." I said walking into the kitchen.

Matt sat on a stool at the bench while I checked on everything.

"Beer?" I offered, I didn't normally have any, but I got some for him.

"Please." I got one out and handed it to him.

I really wanted to ask him if we could do something with Jim and Lilah tomorrow night, but I also didn't want to presume that he didn't already have plans, so I was trying to figure out how to the bring up the subject without sounding desperate.

I got a drink and sat next to him, he turned to me and smiled.

I wonder if I'll ever get over this nervousness, this awkwardness I had when I was around him, I just couldn't think straight when I was with him.

"So Ana, how was your week?" he asked.

"Long." Long, what a stupid answer.

I stood up, I couldn't sit there, I decided I would check on everything again.

Matt grabbed my arm. "You can't sit still can you?"

I looked at him, I liked him sitting on the stool, he was actually level with me for once.

"I'm sorry, I just you know." Another stupid answer, why did he do this to me, turn me into an idiot. This wasn't like me at all.

"Ana, you need to relax, honestly I don't bite." He pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around my waist.

We were face to face, and I looked at him. I reached up and touched his face then wrapped my arms around his neck.

"See, I'm not so bad." He murmured kissing me.

No he really wasn't, not at all. Kissing him was just argh, I couldn't begin to describe it. His lips were just so soft, firm, I don't even know. For the first time I stopped worrying and let myself get lost in his kiss, and oh boy was it a kiss, it went on for a few minutes and when we finally broke apart I was feeling quiet flustered, and Matt looked just like I felt.

"Wow." He said and he reached up and put his hand on my face and pulled me back to his lips.

After another few minutes we broke apart again and this time I was incredibly flustered.

"You should probably stop that." I whispered, putting my hand in his hair "I need to check on dinner."

"What if I don't want to?" Oh god, he really needed to stop.

"We really need to fix Jim and Lilah." I suddenly blurted out.

He burst out laughing "What should we do?"

"Well, you invite Jimmy over and I'll bring Lilah." I wished he would stop looking at me like that.

"When would you like to do this?" He brushed his lips over mine again.

"I don't know." Well here goes "Tomorrow night?"

"Tomorrow night is fine." And he kissed me again.

Dinner ended up being burnt.