Chapter 24

My door opened and Lilah came in. "Ana, you should at least talk to him."

"Why? Why should I at least talk to him?" I hissed at her "He just shows up and expects me to talk to him. How's that for being egotistical."

"Well what do you want me to tell him because he's standing in your living room waiting." She had her hands on her hips.

"Tell him to go away."

"Well maybe you should tell him that yourself Ana."

I indicated to what I was wearing. "I look like a fucking prostitute Lilah."

"Well maybe you should tell him and make a quick fifty bucks." Oh my god, she always made me laugh "Fine, I'll tell him."

She shut my door, I quickly changed clothes, I could hear Matt and Lilah talking, but not what they were saying.

Lilah came in again. "Look Ana, he said to tell you to check your phone that he didn't just show up."

My phone, shit, where was my phone? I looked at Lilah and shrugged "I would if I knew where it was."

"Jesus Ana, hang on and I'll call it, oh and I really think you should talk to him." She shut the door again.

My phone started ringing and I tracked it down, it was under my bed, I have no idea how it got there. I looked at it. 13 missed calls from Matt and numerous text messages as well, the last of which stated he was coming to place.

"Well?" Lilah asked, sticking her head back in the door.

Well? Should I talk to him? I didn't know. I certainly wanted him to explain himself, why he felt the need to make me look stupid, but I didn't want to talk to him because then I would have to see his stupid face and it was blatantly obvious to me that I was falling in love with him, and I wasn't sure what to do about that.

"Ana." Lilah hissed.

"Shhh I'm thinking."  I looked at her. "Fine, I guess I'll talk to him. Do I look okay."

She did a little dance on the spot. "I love that your in love Ana. And of course you look fabulous. "

I shook my head at her. "I am not in love." Yeah right.

I followed her out the door. He was sitting on the couch and stood up when I walked out. He looked at me, but he didn't smile, he just looked at me, and that was worse than his damn stupid smile.

"Ana." He said, even the way he said my name, jesus, why?

"Matthew." Lilah pulled at a face at me and I tried to ignore her.

"I'll just go and hang in the bedroom I guess, let me know when you want to have make up sex and we can swap rooms."

I glared at her, really?

"I'm joking Ana, gosh." And she turned and went into my room.

I looked at Matt. "Well?"

He looked at me and smiled.

Oh god, that smile.