Chapter 17

Lilah drove me home later that night, it was dark by the time I got there. Jimmy had still not called her and she was devastated.

"He'll call Lilah." I said hugging her. "He will."

I watched her drive away and let myself in, I went upstairs and got changed into my pyjamas and layed on the couch to watch some television. Not that I was really watching, I was thinking about Matt, my new best friend.

Oh well, friendship is better than nothing I guess.

I was laying there for about an hour thinking about what I could eat when Lilah called.

"Oh god Ana, I told him they deserved eachother because they were both whore's" She was sobbing "Why would I say that? What is wrong with me."

"Lilah, it's okay, I mean something must have made you mad in the first place."

"Your right Ana, this is his fault, he was flirting with her. Screw him, I'm done." I was shocked "Thanks Ana." and she hung up.

I stared at the phone. Holy crap, did they break up?

I got something to eat and sat back down, surely they'll work it out, I mean they really went together.

A knock interrupted my thoughts.

Who the hell could this be, I thought angrily, it's a bit late, and I was thinking about going to bed.

I threw open the door.

"Cute pyjama's." Matt said.

What was he doing here? And oh god my pyjama's, of all things to see me in.

I started blushing "Can I come in?"

I stepped back and let him in, he brushed past me and oh god he smelt so good. He sat down on the couch, making himself comfortable.

"Nice apartment, good view." he said smiling at me.

I was still standing at the door like an idiot.

"I hope you don't mind me dropping by." he was still smiling "Sit down Ana."

I walked over and sat down.

"I was actually going to bed." I blurted out.

He raised his eyebrows at me "Really? So early?"

I was blushing again, oh god I wish it would stop and damn him for making me feel like this. "Do you want a drink or something?"

"Nah, I'm good." I wish he'd stop looking at me "Ana are you alright?"

No. "Oh yeah, just thinking about poor Lilah, she said it's over, she's done with him."

"Of course it's not over, please, those two fight all the time."

"They do?"  I asked.

"All the time. Annoying as it is, but they'll never break up." He was still looking at me. "What are you watching?"

"I wasn't really watching anything."

He picked up the remote and started flicking through the channels until he found something that interested him. I was trying not to stare at him, as well as sit in an appropriate way in my stupid pyjama's. Godamn it, why did I put them on so early. He put his feet up on the coffee table and watched the television. I was unsure why he was even here.

"Do you need something? " I asked him, Jesus Ana, could you be any ruder.

"No, I thought I'd drop in is all. Is that a problem?"

I shook my head "Not at all, I just thought maybe you wanted something." Like me!

He shook his head and went back to watching the television. It was completely odd and after the program finished he stood up and declared he was going home.

I walked him to the door.

"Um so do you want to do something tomorrow? " he asked me.

"Sure, we could have lunch or something." At least I would see him tomorrow I guess.

"Okay, well I'll pick you up about eleven." He smiled at me.

Suddenly he leant over,  oh god, was he going to kiss me finally?

Disappointment,  he kissed my cheek and turned and walked down the stairs.