Chapter 7

Mayura POV

I woke up as I open my eyes and..... I was at my room?!? How could this be? The last thing that I remembered was studying with Shimon in the living room. And I don't remembered entering my room last night. Did he carried me here? I started to blush and I know its visible in my face, I must be a red tomato right about now.

I sighed and went downstairs. I wanted to thank Shimon for helping me last night so I went looking for him.

I asked Mom for Shimon's whereabouts. "Mom, have you seen Shimon?". "I think he's with your Dad in the storage room researching something", Mom answered. I sighed as I headed there. I overheard their conversation and I didn't want to interrupt since their conversation may be more important than my mine so I waited and sat on the stair as I listened to the sounds of nature.

Shimon POV

"I heard rumors about ninjas attacking martial masters in this parts but I'm not fully aware in those stories. Ninjas and Martial artists have been fighting for the last centuries killing one another and I'm not sure that they'll be targeting one house after another since one of the 12 houses are here. Shimon you should be more aware on your surroundings from now on and also..... Protect her. Not long enough will be targeted as well so I want you to protect her when I'm not there to do it. You've been with her for so long that your much closer to her than I am. As a martial artist and one of the strongest, you are capable of doing that", Seigen-san said. Ninjas and Martial Artist are on war? Huh? That means I must be more careful than before, I can't let my guard down just for a second. "Yes, Seigen-san I will do my best", I said and answered with a nod. "I better get going then, oh.... And Shimon, she's waiting for you", Seigen-san said as he left. Who could he be talking about? I sighed as I went out of the storage room as well.

When I got out, she was already there sitting on one the stair. "Y-yo Shimon, Good morning Shimon", Mayura spoke. "Good morning", I replied. I sat beside her and asked. "What are you doing here anyway?". "I just have something to talk to you that's all", She answered with an uncomfortable smile. "But can we walk around the ground while we talk if that's all right with you?", She said with an awkward smile. I sighed and answered "its fine".

I stood once again and walked with her around the grounds of our house. "Hey Shimon?", she said with a gentle yet a little embarrassed voice. "Yeah?", I answered. "Did you carried me to my room last night", she spoke with a tint of red on her cheeks. "Oh that? Yeah I did since you fell asleep while studying", I replied. Now I just remembered the one thing that I most likely did not like because of my feelings taking lead of my body's actions. Now look what happened, I kissed her forehead even though she was sleeping so she couldn't remember it...... Maybe. What if this conversation is about that topic? Maybe she knew about what I did last night. "Shimon?", she spoke as I can back to reality. "Hn?", I replied. "If you did all that trouble to carry me to my room then...", she said with a soothing voice. "Then what?", I replied. A wind came from nowhere blows around us, letting her hair being blown at it, she with a gentle smile said. "Thank you, Shimon". Her smile made something in my stomach fluttering again. "Yeah", I answered without looking at her because I know there's a tiny bit of red on my cheeks.

"Let's go? My Mom would get angry at us if we're late for breakfast", she spoke while sticking a little bit of her tongue and closing one of her eyes. She was pretty cute though.... Wait what?! I know I liked her but why would I think about this. Is this the feeling they called l-love. Stop it!! Me!! This is nothing like me!!

I sighed as I respond "Yeah, your right and its not just your Mother but also Seigen-san". "You know it right", she giggled.

                                    ~

Mayura POV

After I finished my breakfast just like the others, I helped my mom clean the dishes. I washed the plates one by one. Silent filled between us until my Mom started a conversation. "Hey are you and Shimon still friends?", she asked as she rub the wet plates. "Of course, me and Shimon are the close of friends", I answered. "Ah, that's too bad", she sighed. "Why? Isn't that good that we're friends?", I asked with a questioning gaze as I wash another plate. "Its not that, I thought that you two would be a couple right about now", she answered. A couple?!?! Great, even Mom is enjoying this teasing. "W-why would you think that!?", I blushed and she just giggled in respond.

I sighed as I finished washing the last plate. I was planning to go watch Shimon's training and Dad's teachings so I talked to my Mom one more time. "Mom, I'm heading to the Training hall to watch Shimon and Dad", I said as I open the door that heads to the hall. " Are you sure you are going to watched your dad and Shimon or you just wanted to see Him because you missed him", she teased me as I blushed. "Mom!!!", I blushed and she just laughed at me in response. I sighed as I left the room.

                                   ~

A lot of embarrassed things happened today because of my Mom's teasing. It was already night time and I'm still not sleepy so I decided to stand and....
A silver metal thingy passed in from of me as it cut my left cheek. It came from the window to the wall. I screamed in terror and pain as I kneeled down to the floor. With a trembling body I carefully look at the silver metal. My eyes widened as I realized that it was a dagger stab through a piece of paper to my wall.
I was scared in terror that I couldn't move. The blood started to flow down on my wounded cheek to my chin as it fell like droplets of water but it was blood. Blood that came from a wounded cheek caused by a dagger that came from nowhere but my window.

"Mayura!?", someone spoke. It came from my door. I looked at the fuchsia-haired guy in front of me and in terror I spoke.

"Shimon"

-------------------------------------------------------------
A dagger!? What is the meaning of this. I know its a.......

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!

you'll no the truth on next upcoming chapter.