Chapter 10

Shimon POV

"This is taking too long", I groaned as I knocked four guards unconscious. "Why don't we speed things a bit", Enmadou answered as he took one guard after another. I nodded in response and let out my sword with its sheath. Carefully swinging the sword without killing them is tough to do. Clicking my tongue, I started to run and carefully swinging the guards that blocked my way.

"Ikaruga, Shimon leave the guards to us", Adashino said as she put two more guards down. "Are you sure?", I asked and she nodded in response. "Leave this to us", Rokuro supported Adashino's answer. "I owe you one", I said as I started running to who knows where.

But before I could take a turn, I heard Enmadou yelled at me for motivation. "You better return home alive or I will beat you to a pulp!!!!". "Yeah, I promise!!!", I shouted back as I run a bit faster. This is a serious problem that cannot be overcome so easily to someone like Mayura. All I can do is be there and be the one to take all of this to an end.

Whispering her name to myself over and over again is what keeps me moving.

"Mayura".

Mayura POV

As I regain consciousness, I once again change into a sitting position and that guy came back again. "Just tell me where the treasure is and I'll set you free", he groaned. "How many times do I have to tell you! I don't know!!", I yelled even though I'm scared of what he's going to do, I have to fight overcome this. "You leave me no choice", he sighed as he snap his fingers to signal one of his companions to do something.

His guard grin and started to walk towards me and without giving me notice, he started to beat me up. He punched my wounded cheek and I fall to the ground. He then kicked my stomach as I let out blood in my mouth to slowly drip on my cheek to the ground. He punched more of his fist in every angle on my face.

"That's enough", the guy said. His companion back away from me and return behind the man in front of me.

Clenching the pain from my stomach and face, I covered my mouth with my hand despite the chain stuck to it was heavy to lift. I cough and cough that blood from my mouth once again fall to the ground. It was painful, it hurts that even one little movement is painful than the last. I couldn't bare the pain it gave. Tears starts to stream down my cheek and fall to the ground.

"So, you still don't wanna tell me?", he asked once again but I didn't give a response instead I started to sob but I didn't let him see me so I covered my face with both of my arms and my knees supporting my arm. Hiding my face was all I can do but I couldn't stop my tears from falling on my legs. I was sobbing so hard but quietly so that I couldn't make a sound.

Suddenly I heard an intense sound that came from............ A door? I carefully lifted my face and saw one guard talking to the guy that keeps asking me questions about the treasure of Byakko. I couldn't help but listen to their conversation.

"Sir, we have intruders coming from the entrance. Three of them to be precise. But only two of them are only spotted. The other one's location is unknown", the guard said. "Their identities?", the guy asked as the guard frowned. It seems this guy is their mastermind or in other words their boss! "That's the.......problem. Their identities......... are unknown due to the cloak they wear", the guard stuttered. The guy in front of me suddenly grab a pistol from his pocket and aim at one of the leg of his guard and shoot at it causing the guard to fall down and cried in pain. "Rest in peace", the guy said as he once again aim the pistol to the guard but this time, it was aim on the guard's head. In a brief second, the crying noises of the guard was replaced by the noise of the pistol letting out a bullet in a second.

H-he ended his companion's life without hesitation. I tremble in fear and crawled away from the man in front of me who ended one's life without regrets, I was full of fear when he turned to me once more.

Shimon POV

I heard a sound of gun not far from my place. I was getting nervous of what the gun's noise was for. I ran and ran and ran faster than ever. Trying to find where the source of that gun was until I came to a stopped. An old door that can be easily broke but what I really noticed was that blood was streaming on the floor that came from the other side of this very door.

Without hesitation, I burst open the door and saw a girl with scratches with blood on her face and tears that flow down on her cheeks, and a man holding a pistol on his left hand. Clicking my tongue, I furiously spoke. "Who are you!?". He then turned to my view and grinned. "The mastermind of all this, of course".

In fast paced, I let out my sword and started to attack but he dodge it. I swing my sword to him again but he protected himself with a dagger that he grab on his pockets in such a fast speed. Before I could even react, he grab another dagger and pierce it through my right shoulder. He then kicked me on my stomach to make me back away as he remove the dagger in my shoulder. Blood started to spread on my cloak so I decided to remove it. And prepared myself for another attack. Without minding the pain on my shoulder, I continue to fight him.

Saving Mayura is our top priority right now. I couldn't let a simple wound bring me down. I managed to come this far and there's no turning back.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm finally done with this chapter. Next chapter coming right up~ 😩😩😩